This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first part is pretty obvious.
    The quote is Officer Farva trying to fit in on Super Troopers.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

"That's horrible Latin, and your pronunciation needs some work."
      "It's my father's fault," she told him, rubbing her shoulder. "He had a couple of years of Latin in college and used it to amuse himself. Everyone in my family picked it up. His favorite saying was, 'Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum.'"
      "'Sometimes I have the urge to conquer large parts of Europe'?" Boyd said, sounding a little incredulous.
      She nodded. "Usually he only said it when my brother or I were being particularly horrible."
      "And that was his favorite saying?"
      "My brother was a brat."
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I just changed mine to a line from this gal I met while trying to sign up for a jewelry class. Sign up started at 9:30 am, but a lot of people showed upa t 4:00 am to be the first in line. So even though I got at the bead shop at 9: 25, I was still number 83 in line.

Well I started talking to others there and this one gal and I had a lot in common. At one point the conversation turned to younger siblings, when she came up with this sentence, "The problem with younger siblings is once you figure out the best way to kill them, you're old enough to be tried as an adult."

Needless to say I till I cried and nearly missed them calling my number.
        Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

New signature; found the funniest quote from Naruto ever. XD It sums up how I feel whenever I encounter a particularly obtuce SC; I'm sure everyone here has felt this way at some point in their lives.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Both of mine were said by my grandma.

The first one came from one day when she almost hit someone in the parking lot. After that, my sister and I started calling her "The Killer Grandma". We were driving around in the mall parking lot another time after that and saw some people walking. Then she said her line.

The second one was on our way to the movies. My house is over by a wooded area where deer,turkeys,coyotes, and other furry creatures live. We saw a headless deer on the side of the road. My grandma was having a "blonde moment" when she said "Hm. It looks dead."
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

The first line is my favorite Calvin and Hobbes quote. It's shocking how often it applies to my life.

The second line is just something that I thought up after a particularly long day. It's something that's far too true far too often.

The third line is the games played, wins, losses, points and current position of the greatest hockey team ever, the Calgary Flames.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

MadMike used to have an awesome siggy that I stole to be my Yahoo messanger away message...but I lost it.

I wish I could remember it.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  MadMike used to have an awesome siggy that I stole to be my Yahoo messanger away message...but I lost it.
                  Do you have any idea what it was about? I've keep the same avatar and title for years, but I change my sig according to my mood. Most of them are lines from songs I know.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Do you have any idea what it was about? I've keep the same avatar and title for years, but I change my sig according to my mood. Most of them are lines from songs I know.
                    It was from a song and went something like "take me far away from me..."

Comment

I've just changed my from the AFC East standings to this.

It's a good solid quote. For most people, nearly all people, it holds true. Myself especially. I don't lie for the sake of lying. Sometimes lying is just necessary. I like somebody, they don't like me that way anymore, it's better to just lie and say I don't feel that way about them anymore than to tell them the truth and have things be awkward for the both of us.

Plus I know there's a decent chance she'll notice my signature, make the connection and ask me but not buy the bullsh*t response, forcing me to tell the truth. Or she'll read this reply, know how I really feel, then confront me about it.

Either way, I just want her to say something to me. It's not really fair, it's almost selfish that I want it to be brought up that, but that's another rant for another thread.
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

It was from a song and went something like "take me far away from me..."
                        I know the one. It's from a song by Overkill called "What I'm Missin'." The lyrics can be found here.

I believe the piece you're looking for is as follows:

Take me far away from me, safe within your heart
                        Take me where I cannot fall apart
                        Keep me close, Don't let me go
                        Teach me what I need to know
                        Take the time & show me once again
                        What I'm missin'

Comment

MadMike, I you.

Don't tell Irv, though.

Comment

MadMike, I you.

Don't tell Irv, though.
                            Don't worry, it'll be our little secret.

Comment

The first line is a me quote. I was genuinely surprised it was payday (it happens when you get paid four weekly - at least to me).

The second is a Torchwood quote. I am a Torchwood geek, I am proud. I also love the wedding episode.
                              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Kinda funny to go back and read over this, since a lot of us, including me, have changed our sigs since this started.

Mine is now a link to my writing site, which has a running "soap opera" on it that takes place in a mail/freight station in Wyoming in 1860. (the current avatar is a pic of the heroine of same story.) "Five Dollar Mail" refers to the fact that it cost five bucks per half ounce to mail something by Pony Express.

Comment

Working...
                                X