X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One good turn...

...will solve your problem.

At MAW, we get A LOT of requests for holiday cards for donations made.
    Donors have the choice of having us (me) sending the card directly to their friends/relatives, etc. or they can have us send the cards to the donors themselves.
    When they choose the 2nd option, I place a card and a gift card envelope (with the card tucked under the flap of the env., face down) into a manila envelope and send it to the donor.

This morning, the dumbest/funniest call I've ever taken came through.
    I had sent this lady the card she chose, which she received today. After openning it, she called us up directly and got me (yay me).
    She was screaming about how she was SOOO pissed because she had asked for a particular card and all we (I) sent her was an all white card that just had our org. name at the bottom, and the envelope.
    (Anybody who can see where this is going, give yourself 100 points)

After she stopped complaing at the top of her lungs, I asked her one...simple...question.

"Did you turn the card OVER, Ma'am?"

"Oh!..... OK" "CLICK!!!"

And that started my day.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Well...she read your org name on the bottom, so she effectively proved that SC's can read.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

(Anybody who can see where this is going, give yourself 100 points)
      Y'know, I was really hoping it would go somewhere else. That may just be the stupidest thing I've ever heard (if not then it's a runner-up)

Comment

Urk....AAAAHHHHHHHHH....

Oh Gods my brain!!!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Thats on par with some of the tech support calls I get.

Customer calls, complain his computer is not working.

I ask if its plugged into the wall.

Nope!

Customer plugs machine into wall, computer works fine.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
            Customer plugs machine into wall, computer works fine.
            You think it makes *you* cry to find that's the solution? Trying being the fairly computer-literate/tech-savvy person who makes that mistake. I'm pretty sure the ISP service guy I was talking to could see the glow from my embarrassment through the phone. D'oh!
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

That reminds me of the financial adviser who called yesterday to complain that we'd not sent a pension quote for their client, just a letter and a black folder (which contained the quote and it even says so in the letter). It took a few minutes for me to realise that they simply hadn't looked inside the folder, apparently thinking that it was only there for decoration.
              The worrying bit is that someone is getting information about their financial status, advice on retiring etc, from people that don't know how to open a folder.

Comment

Oy, the stupid is strong with this one. Wow. Just wow. Computer-not-plugged-into-the-wall doesn't even compare to this IMO. So funny and so painful at the same time.

Comment

The details of the issue was that they were building a machine. It was a power supply they claimed was defective. Why was it defective? It didn't turn on.

The customer just took the PSU out of the box and sat it on a table. Of course its not going to do anything. I had him jump the PSU (short out the green and black wires on the 24 pin to jump any ATX PSU) to see if it work would. Nothing.

Normally this means the PSU is just plain dead, but then it turns out he didn't even plug it in!

Our PSU's aren't that good. I wish they could power a computer on their own as an independent power source!

But I don't think Fedex would take kindly to us shipping nuclear materials around through the mail then.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the ISP service guy I was talking to could see the glow from my embarrassment through the phone. D'oh!
                    I can go one better.

We actually had the phone company send a tech out to test our lines. I realized, as I'm driving home to meet the guy, that we checked the old line that we no longer used but still had a splitter plugged into (gotta pull that). I get to the door just steps ahead of the tech and ask him to hold on, because I'm pretty sure I've figured out the problem. I get inside, go to the line that we actually use, and plug it back into the extension. The guy was cool and didn't charge us for the service call since he didn't actually have to do any work.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think I've mentioned the co-worker who was outraged to find two small o-rings in the bag when she'd ordered one large one.

I got to witness her phone call where she:

1. Complained bitterly.

2. Argued with the person that she didn't see what good taking the rings out of the bag was going to do.

3. Huffily took them out of the bag while bitching about it.

4. Got the BEST look of surprise on her face when the two small o-rings unfolded into the one large one she had ordered.

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Years ago, I got reamed out by my boss, as well as someone at the main office over some paperwork. They claimed it hadn't arrived, and no amount of "well, I sent it yesterday" would suffice. Found out later that the dumb bitch at the main office...forgot to remove it from the shipping envelope. Did I get an apology over that, or did I get the write-up (by *my* boss) removed? Of course not!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X