This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better her than me

I was chatting with a customer who came through my line Friday and she mentioned that she would be participating in a run on Saturday ... from London (Ontario) to Grand Bend.

That's about 70 km (43 miles).
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

My little brother's wife, otherwise referred to as the "Crazy Sister-In-Law" does this for fun.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Some people have really weird definitions of fun.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I know more than one ultramarathon runner. It takes a very special kind of person to do something that crazy!!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

There's a fun endorphin high that one can get used to. There's similar responses in weight lifting and eating really spicy stuff. (or other pain-inducing activity...) The wild runs are a pretty healthy way to get the rush.

Comment

I'll stick with Hot Peppers for an endorphin high, thank you.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

And here I thought walking over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge was fun. Anything more than that, or doing a walk on a treadmill, is crazy.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                I'll stick with Hot Peppers for an endorphin high, thank you.
                For me, auto racing will do.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I would perish! The most I have done is 10 miles and that is just at a brisk walk and after that, I can't move for days!

Comment

Many MANY years ago, when I was working on that small weekly paper, I took part in a walk from Goderich to Holmesville. This is just under 15 km (9 miles). This was a WALK, not a jog or run. With a car it takes about 15 minutes.

Walking? I can't really remember. Two hours? Three? More?

All I know is that, like you, I couldn't MOVE for the next couple of days.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                    X