Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpodael-- Feel free to run your idea past me. Given that some of the next parts of the story will potentially be more singular, with the team split up and pursuing their own ends or things for a time, anything that gives me material to work with is good.

Divine Rivalries
    Obviously, given that there are multiple Divinities around, with much overlapping in terms of each gods' respective purviews, there are always going to be heads butting. Some of them have a sort of mutual respect for one another (such as with the gods of the various Underworlds or afterlife), others tend to get more combative (most storm gods and war gods).

There also tends to be rivalries within the Divinities. This often passes down to their scions. Scions of Osiris, for instance, tend to not get on well with scions of Set. Scions of Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca often have opposing mindsets. Scions of Athena and Ares take different approaches to warfare. And so on.

Yes, they may be "cousins," of a sort, and "all in this together," but remember: Cain and Abel were brothers too.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• And as for "really dark" - trust me when I say Jay, me, and Ruined at least have written our share. It's all about the dark being plot pertinent - or written so well you can enjoy it even if it is a little PWP.

Of course, I have no problem with my best friend grabbing my hair bun, pulling my head back and showing off his brand new machete by holding it to my throat, so I may be a little biased.

(Yes, it was unsharpened. SSC.)

Comment

• Just a heads up to everyone that a GM Post will be incoming soon, one that should hopefully move things right along into what is essentially the conclusion of "chapter one" of our saga.

As fair warning, there may be some time-skip going on to advance things further as well. These time-skips may or may not come with a "level up" as well.

Still working on specifics.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• While you wait on my next GM Post in the IC thread, here's some intel on two more members of the "Quisling" group that's working with the Titans.
          -------------------------------
          Name: Dr. Agatha Riggs, Ph.D
          Heritage: Daughter of Heimdall, Norse god-guardian of the Bifrost.
          Divine Abilities:
          • Focus -- A blade said to have been forged from a piece of Heimdall’s sword itself, it is about the size of a small knife, like a letter opener. Agatha has fashioned a wrist-mounted spring-loaded device that is usually hidden by her sleeve. (A la an Assassin’s “hidden blade”)
          • Like the Rainbow Bridge (Dimensional Gateways) - Agatha has the ability to open a gateway (which manifests like a hole in space ringed by rainbow light) between any location in the Nine Worlds that she has visited previously. To create this hole, Agatha must draw her blade and ‘cut’ a hole in the air to create it. Agatha has multiple locations in Midgard (Earth) already ‘mapped’, and is known to have locations in Jotunheim, Svartalfheim and Vanaheim as well. It is suspected she has mapped to the ‘starting’ ends of the Gjoll Bridge in Helheim and the Bifrost in Asgard. No information is available about any locations she has available in Niflheim or Musphelheim.
          • // Further details on her Divine Abilities [REDACTED] due to spoilers

Divine Attributes:
          • Twelfth Level Intellect (Intelligence) - Agatha Riggs is one of the smartest people on the planet and has Ph.Ds in at least three fields related to genetics and biochemistry and cybernetics. She is also capable of making great intuitive leaps and recognizing patterns.
          • I Saw That (Perception) - Agatha has perceptive abilities that are twice to three times greater than that of any mundane human. She can spot inconsistencies and minute variances in things.

Description:
          A tall, slim woman with pale blond hair and glasses, Agatha Riggs looks the typical scientist. Any attractiveness in her, however, is quite cold and distant. She is not a people person. She is consumed by her science and will do anything to assure that her calculations are correct and that her experiments will continue and succeed.

Backstory:
          Agatha Riggs was always a very intelligent woman, and astonished her teachers and professors from an early age, graduating from high school at fourteen and attending college quite young. By the age of twenty, she was working on two separate dissertations. At twenty-three, after receiving her third Ph.D. in genetics, she abruptly dropped out of sight as multiple scientific research companies offered her jobs. No one knows what happened to her.

She appears to be working in concert with the Titans, but her reasons for doing so are not yet known.

Flaws: Agatha is wholly consumed by her scientific experiments, and has very little in the way of combat experience. If faced with battle, she’s more apt to escape using her “rainbow gateway” to a safe location. Also, she is extremely protective of her experiments, and takes damage or harm to them very badly.
          Goal: Unknown.
          --------------------------------------------
          Name: Morgan MacBride
          Heritage: Son of the Morrígan, Celtic goddess of war
          Divine Abilities:
          • Focus -- Tribal Crow Head tattoo - Stretching across the back of MacBride’s shoulders, this tribal-like tattoo is the focus of MacBride’s powers. Comprised of the twisting lines of most “tribal” tattoos, it forms the shape of a crow’s head with two great wings stretching out across his shoulder blades.
          • The Implacable Man (Limited Invulnerability) - MacBride has been blessed by his divine parent to be unbeatable and unstoppable except in hand-to-hand combat. Often times, however, this manifests as a supernatural sort of luck. A sniper’s shot fails to hit him or gets intercepted. A car-bomb fails to go off. On those instances when these attempts do go off, MacBride has been seen to get back up or walk out unscathed. He can only be injured in melee combat, which is harder than it sounds, since MacBride is aware of this limitation and takes pains to improve himself.
          • // Further details on his Divine Abilities [REDACTED] due to spoilers

Divine Attributes:
          • Terrifying Presence (Presence) - Exactly what it says on the tin; MacBride scares people, even before they find out who he is or know of his reputation. It takes a major effort of will to overcome this ‘aura’ that he exudes. This comes in handy for keeping his followers in line.
          • Raw, Brute Strength (Strength) - Exactly what it says on the tin; MacBride is much stronger than the average person, capable of at least lifting and throwing a small car.

Description:
          MacBride is a tall, pale Irishman with dark red hair and coal-black eyes. He has a number of tattoos-- some from his time in the IRA, some from prison sentences-- on his body as well. When he can, he almost always carries his shillelagh, a twisted length of wood about the size of a cane, which he also uses to hit people with.

Backstory:
          Morgan MacBride is wanted by several law enforcement agencies across the world as a result of his acts of terrorism. He no longer has any connections to the IRA or most of its splinter fringe groups, as his views have shifted from the pro-Irish to the nihilistic and anarchistic.

Not too many details are known about his past before rising to prominence in the Troubles, but among the Divinity, it’s known that he is one of the Morrígan’s most favored children, thus explaining the power with which he has been bestowed. Despite this favor, however, he does not act in accordance with the Divinity’s will, and has been known to court the Titans and their supporters, looking for a way to perpetuate the war.

Flaws: MacBride is a brute, plain and simple. He’s not slow-witted, but he’s not hugely clever. He also relies far too much on his nigh-invulnerability and doesn’t take pains to protect himself over much.
          Goal: Unleash never-ending war.

Comment

• Because seriously, sometimes, "Fuck it, let's get hammered" is a viable option.

Comment

• Well, this has the potential to be vastly amusing. ... Muahahahahahaha!

Comment

• Regarding Solomon's talk of his previous encounter with MacBride. The explosion he mentions causing and the circumstances with India and Pakistan almost being at war all actually happened.

Comment

• I'm leaving out of town tomorrow night and won't be back in town until July 8. Going camping in the mountains with my father so I will be without internet until then.

If you feel the need to NPC my characters a little to keep story moving feel free

Comment

• The Heart of Winter makes people be SCs. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Comment

• Quoth Scorpodael View Post
                      The Heart of Winter makes people be SCs. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
                      Moo hoo ha ha.

Comment

• Sooo... what's going on, guys? Did interest in the game just suddenly die or what?

Comment

• I've been feeling poorly lately, and have not had much creativity. Sorry. Just tired all the time .
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIGHT EVERYBODY WAKE UP TIME.

Comment

• I was being dead for two weeks. For tax reasons. <_< >_>
                              Last edited by Scorpodael; 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Come on, guys, is this game dead? I gave you a GM Post and everything.

Naamah has an excuse, she's got some RL issues she's going through, and that's all I'll say.

Comment

Working...
                                X