This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon sucks

Pray to the deity of your choice that your company never jumps on the Groupon bandwagon:
    1. Groupon customers (GCs) cannot comprehend your company's terms and conditions, and will complain vociferously on every form of social media until their expectations of entitlement are met.
    2. GCs know more about whatever your company provides than you do. After all, they can use a computer.
    3. GCs are incapable of following simple instructions, such as those contained in the email Groupon sends regarding how to locate the coupon code.
    4. GCs are rude, smarmy, obnoxious morons who just want freebies. Any excuse will be used, no holds barred.
    Hope this never happens to you...

No worries. I use LivingSocial ...but that's because I've yet to get anything I really want from the Groupon emails. They're worth reading just for the "cat's commentary" at the bottom ^_^

Then again, I DO know how to use the damn things. I always present them to the server up front, as I'm ordering (if a restaurant) or make a beeline for the CS desk (elsewhere).

They don't seem to complicated to me
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not all of us are, i use mostly restaurant ones, i love $10 for $20 food. Once had an Ace Hardware one, but couldn't find more than $17 that i wanted that day, but that was fine with me, it was still more than i paid. I loves me some Groupons.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Only Groupon I've used was when Sock Dreams was offering $30 of product for $15. Bought three of those suckers! :-). Yes, I had to use them on separate visits, and yes I had to actually go on different days to meet the "1 per customer per visit" limitation. Since I had a 6 month window and would probably have gone that often anyway, it wasn't any hardship.

Yes, I ended up with over $100 worth of socks! :-). Hmmm, it may be time for another visit...

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
          Not all of us are, i use mostly restaurant ones, i love $10 for $20 food. Once had an Ace Hardware one, but couldn't find more than $17 that i wanted that day, but that was fine with me, it was still more than i paid. I loves me some Groupons.
          Gonna have to +1 this. Not all of the Groupon users are sucky and not fair to group everyone who uses the service as sucky.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Vaguely related, but amusing. This happened some time this last week.

CUSTOMER: "We have coupons!"
            JESTER: "Of course you do."
            MANAGER:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Rice University study showed 32% of SMBs would not use Groupon again. One of the main reasons... Sucky Customers.

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/...te-not-so-hot/

“Because the Groupon customer base is made up of deal-seekers and bargain shoppers, they might not tip as well as an average customer or be willing to purchase beyond the deal,” said Utpal Dholakia, author of the study and associate professor of marketing at the Jones School. “So employees need to be prepared for this type of customer and the sheer volume of customers that might come through.”
              ETA: 66% of the advertisers found it profitable, proving that not ALL Groupon users are SCs.
              Last edited by csquared; 03-21-2011, 02:10 AM. Reason: ETA
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                Gonna have to +1 this. Not all of the Groupon users are sucky and not fair to group everyone who uses the service as sucky.
                Make that +2. I get the "Deal of the Day" everyday, but it's not always something I want. One got me a great bargain on RailRunner tickets (Woo-hoo, day trip to Santa Fe!). The one I just got is $15 for $30 worth (which I'll probably wind up spending more) of food from Los Poblanos Organics (a local farm) that I have until September to use.
                Last edited by Dave1982; 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I certainly wouldn't say all Groupon customers are SCs (and I don't really have a great idea of what Groupon is anyhow), but there may be enough of them who are that sour people like the OP on the concept.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What's groupon??

Comment

The best way to think of it is an online discount gift card seller.

They offer deals from various local (to you) establishments, generally something like "Buy this coupon for $15, it is good for $30 worth of merchandise at company XYZ".

I have some friends that use it, and I know they aren't SCs (or I wouldn't be friends with them).

That said, I am not surprised that the site pulls in the worst of humanity.

Comment

Well it is my logic that many of the people who read this site, actually are capable of reading small print and work in jobs that often have small print that SCs NEVER are capable of finding out and even when you get out the magnifying glass, they still are in disbelief.
                        Also it helps, when something sounds to good to be true, I look for the small print and end up finding it.

Right now I want to strangle upper management, we have a bunch of things around the store that say in size 48, maybe 60, "FREE", then in about 8-10 size they list the fact you need to use your rewards card, but ALSO redeem points to get the item free..... everyone misses the last part, even when I say you need to redeem points I then get, well then its not free!!!

Side note, my gf got a gift card for diningdough.com or something of that nature, they head of the cheap skates by making you do a minimum purchase along with adding on 18% gratuity. and a few other limitations to the point they become a pain to use at some locations.
                        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Another non-sucky Grouponer here.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I knew what Groupon was, but I never understood how it worked. A co-worker explained it to me and I kept an eye out for specials that might be interesting. I jumped when I saw a favorite sushi/hibachi place and we had a great meal. The waitress messed up a little and accidentally put a drink on our bill that I caught. She fixed it and got a great tip from us.

The second Groupon was used this past weekend at a favorite TexMex place. I think the waiter made a little jab about us getting some great meals for next to nothing, but he got a great tip, probably because he did a good job and didn't treat us as though we were tightwads or cheap ass customers. Again, he got a great tip from us.
                            Last edited by Dips; 03-30-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: removed unecessary comment
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Here in the Netherlands its a collective buying thing. It can be very cheap for good products or service.

Dont know if the us version is the same, but I like it. There arent much things you buy, but once in a while.....

Comment

Working...
                              X