No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Mom had a Covid test and they didn't tell her to quarantine because she'd had no contact with anyone who has it and her only symptom is fever which is likely to be attributed to the huge kidney stone she has, with or without infection. She does get infections that way rather frequently. She says she feels like she has flu but without any respiratory stuff whatsoever. She told me about the test at lunch today and we were out to lunch. I have been masking everywhere and neither I, my visiting friend, nor my brother have any symptoms at all. I don't know what to think but I'm not quarantining until I know for sure I've come into contact with a positive patient or have symptoms. I honestly think she should've gotten tested for a bacterial infection, not a Covid test. But she doesn't have insureance yet, as she just moved to this state.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      I'll take the "Five Husbands" please....oh, wait, I can't get actual five husbands? Well, damn.
      Would you like these five husbands: Pa Kettle, Al Bundy, George Jefferson, Archie Bunker and Ralph Kramden?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I tend to lick drips off of my hand when I'm carrying a two girls one cup.

Fixed that for ya.My work here is done
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Oh I shoulda known... *debates smacking Kit with a magazine, but...ya'd probably like it*

*breaks out jar of glitter* I knew I'd find a use for this silly thing...
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• *sends DS a few cases of replacement glitter from his hoard*
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Had a guy come through my line today with his mask on properly.

Until he started to talk to me (through the plexiglass sneeze guard). Then he pulled the mask down below his chin ...

The young guy who was overseeing the line of customers (directing them to registers) saw what happened and came over and wiped down not just the belt but also the sneeze guard.

FFS, buddy!
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• It would have been lovely if he started cleaning the sneeze guard while the guy was still standing there
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                  It would have been lovely if he started cleaning the sneeze guard while the guy was still standing there
                  BURN!!

Oh, and another customer (older woman) tapped her mask and said "I'll be so glad when we don't have to wear these anymore!"

Me: (thinks) Don't argue with the customer, don't argue with the customer ...
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• That would be great. I offended a customer who insisted on putting the money down on the tray slide which was below the counter level. Think of a cafeteria where you walk down the row of foods and slide your tray on the long shelf. We weren't a cafeteria but we had that for whatever reason, even in front of the register. Anyway, he would not hand it to me and I had to practically dive over the counter to get it. I got sick of that and one day walked all the way around to the customer side and made a big gesture of picking it up and walking all the way around back to the register. I think he stopped doing that. I know he was totally offended but said nothing, as he rarely uttered anything but a grunt.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• "Madam, you must pay for your purchases."

"But I did! The money's right here!"

"Until I've got it in my hand, madam, your purchases aren't paid for ..."

I mean, she doesn't have to actually put the money into your hand, but at least ... where you can reach it?? Tell her you haven't morphed into the "incredibly elastic Ms Marvel".

----------

Went to one of my favourite little diners today for brunch and I was thinking I'd drop a couple of old Ellery Queen Mystery Magazines off in their newspaper rack ... they used to disappear pretty quickly.

Well, yeah, you guessed it. They no longer HAVE the newspaper rack.

Fuck you, COVID, you bastard.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I do have an update on my friend I mentioned earlier in the thread. He's gotten his marriage license. The wedding was planned for the 17th, but because of her condition going down hill so fast, it will be this Saturday.

It won't be a long marriage, but, however long it will be, it will be a good one.
                        Last edited by Victory Sabre; 10-01-2020, 04:27 PM.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• This still makes me so sad.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

This still makes me so sad.
                            Me too. They, well mostly he, are going to have a reception after the wedding tomorrow. I'll be going there after I'm done with work.

I just wish I would have picked up a bottle of whiskey for him when I was in South Dakota a few weeks back. He loves it. I did get her some Spotted Cow a while ago, but that was before her health went off the deep end.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Comparatively trivial: the lower half of my face is breaking out like crazy. I do switch to a clean cotton mask each day, maximum consecutive wear time not much over an hour (I do wear it intermittently through the day). My masks get machine-washed each week in a hot cycle with bleach (along with other whites). I do wash my face regularly, and have been known to apply hand sanitizer to pimples to disinfect them and dry them out.

Others at work are also experiencing something similar. Some use disposables, others use reusable as I do. My workplace is predominantly female, and the few men there weren't involved in this conversation. Range of ages and skin types.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• I am 62 years old, which is way too old to be getting zits.

My doctor calls it "Mask Acne" and says she has been seeing a lot of it. Her advice is to use a fresh disposable mask every hour. Also, one should use lots of moisturizer.

I think nobody knows what the heck is going on, but I typed that out to say "feel bad, but don't feel alone.".

Comment

Working...
                                X