This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Rod Woes

Right now my car is the only working car in the family. My brother managed to destroy both his car and my fathers (they're both almost working), so I let dad borrow mine long term. It's a really good thing I did especially tonight.

He picked me up from work and my feet were sore from standing for 8 hours so he drove. Things are good, we get some food (check HERE for that story), and we're just getting off the highway and onto the one that will take us home when the car starts a-shuddering and turning to the side. Uttoh...

We pull over on the side and dad realizes that the front driver's tie rod busted and we have no money for a tow truck. Luckily, my car is a beast and as long as we don't go over 20mph she stays straight and turns when we want her to. So dad puts the flashers on and we creep down the highway. It's not the best circumstance but it's our only way to get home.

One would think that when you see a car from a mile or two back with it's flashers on creeping along in the slow lane, one would get into one of the other (empty) lanes. At least 8 people either waited until the last possible second to get over or, in the case of one asshole, follow us for 5 miles with his bright lights on honking his horn. For the entire 5 miles the lane next to us was empty. Hell, for the 5 miles before and after it was too. It's like these people thought it was some big joke and that we could really go faster safely if we wanted to.

I'm just thankful that my father is a mechanic and can fix the problem in about 20 minutes at little to no cost to himself (we had an agreement that he would be responsible for any problems that arose while he is borrowing my car).

All those other drivers who decided to be complete assholes can suck my inverted dick.
    Last edited by RedRoseSpiral; 08-20-2011, 07:24 AM.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Hmm, was that you I saw last night??

A little white car was doing the same thing last night on my way home from work. It was going reeeeally slow with its flashers on, and because it was dark and we were coming around the bend of a merge it kind of took me by surprise and I had to quickly change lanes. But I did notice some people being absolute jerks to the poor person.

They were as far right as they could go.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

You know, I think 'suck my inverted dick' is going to stick with me all weekend now

Comment

Gak! I had a tie rod go out on the freeway about two-three months ago. Scared the crap out of me. Glad that your dad is able to take care it for you - and that he kept his head.

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
          Hmm, was that you I saw last night??

A little white car was doing the same thing last night on my way home from work. It was going reeeeally slow with its flashers on, and because it was dark and we were coming around the bend of a merge it kind of took me by surprise and I had to quickly change lanes. But I did notice some people being absolute jerks to the poor person.

They were as far right as they could go.
          While my car is white, it is by no means little. I have a grand marque. We call her Nessie the Land Monster.
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

It doesn't matter if you are doing 20 or doing 80, people will get up on your ass before they decide to pass....if they decide to pass.

Comment

I had an idiot in a sports car run off the side of the freeway and into the landscaping once.

I was doing 45 in the far right lane of an 8 lane freeway back when the speed limit was still 55. I saw this guy racing up behind me, so put my flashers on for extra visibility (it was daytime), and he managed to not realize I wasn't also doing 70 on the far right and lost control.

I didn't lose any sleep over any of the bills he incurred from that. Hell, I didn't even stop. His car hadn't flipped or rolled or hit anything but plants, so he was on his own.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X