This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting request today

A customer came through my line with pork, beef and chicken. I make my usual request about bags, and because it wasn't busy, asked if she wanted the meat bagged separately.

Customer: "Oh yes, please. Oh, and ... chicken in one bag, pork in another, please."

She added in a sort of embarrassed tone: "Just humour me ..."

It sounded as though she'd been given flak or at least funny looks in the past. No idea whether this sprang from religion, something OCD-related, or what, but hey ... there was no lineup and she made the request right at the start, so no problem.

She'd forgotten about the beef, by the way. IIRC, she asked for it to go in its own bag as well.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Could be dietary or religious needs. At least she was nice about it
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I always bag chicken, pork, beef and fish in separate bags unless specifically told not to.

Comment

Ditto. The biggest reason why I do is potential cross-contamination (odors and bacteria if the original package is leaking).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yeah, same here.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yes, I did that, too. They all need to be cooked to different temperatures so one might still have live bacteria if it were contaminated by another meat that needed a higher temperature.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Always makes me wince when I see a cashier tossing raw beef, chicken and pork in the same bag.

Comment

I have had people tell me to just toss all the meats into one bag ... what I normally try to do is put each package into a small produce bag (sometimes the customer has already done it). Because yeah, sometimes they leak. Ugh.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yeah. Apparently there's complaints when my package leaks. And it requires more than a small produce bag....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    And it requires more than a small produce bag....
                    Who told you THAT fairy tail?
                    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Ahem... what they say is...
                      Oh, what a beauty! I've never seen one as big as that before!
                      Oh, what a beauty! It must be two foot long or even more,
                      Such a lovely colour, so nice and round and fat,I never thought that one could grow as big as that.
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Ditto. The biggest reason why I do is potential cross-contamination (odors and bacteria if the original package is leaking).
                        Psht. That doesn't exist anymore! Didn't you know that?
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

K-G, my favorite version of that is Tim Curry on SNL
                          My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
                            Who told you THAT fairy tail?
                            A couple of guys from Germany named Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X