This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear FELLOW CANADIAN customers ...

This is to all the born-in-this-country customers who were in my store today. You know who you are.

Yes, we do live in the Deep South of Canada.

But it is still CANADA.

It is WINTER.

We have SNOW.

So why in all of flaming hell's bells did you wait for today's snowstorm to hit before rushing out to buy salt / snow shovels /snow-blowers ... eh????
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    So why in all of flaming hell's bells did you wait for today's snowstorm to hit before rushing out to buy salt / snow shovels /snow-blowers ... eh????
    Is it because the SC's didn't need those supplies 'til now?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm sure they didn't but ... unless you just moved here last summer, you KNOW this is coming. I'm sure these are the same people who go looking for air conditioners in July.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

"... but, but... I didn't NEED it last week/month/3 months ago."
        "It only snowed really bad LAST YEAR."
        "You mean it does this EVERY year? *eyes goggle and glaze* But it was so NICE out"

I'd throw in a rant about how it's all some sort of scheme to screw SCs out of their money and/or make them freeze/slip, but... there's enough stories around already, just change a couple names around.

Comment

Part of me wants to say that some people were out shopping to replace things that were broke or wore out because even if you think you're prepared for an event things can still go wrong and you'll be out at the same time everyone else is for the same thing. But...we all know that 99% of people forget that it snows in winter or gets hot in summer. So to the one guy who needs a replacement shovel, sorry that you have to fight off the unprepared crowd of idiots.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            I'm sure they didn't but ... unless you just moved here last summer, you KNOW this is coming.
            "Know"? What is this word? Here's the thought process I imagine.

...........lala.........

.............hungry-get food..........

.......tired-sleep...........

........snow-get shovel.........

.......scratch butt.........
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              ........snow-get shovel.........

.......scratch butt.........
              Ow! Ow! Ow! Still had shovel in paw!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They do the same thing down here in May-As-Well-Be-Canada.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Ow! Ow! Ow! Still had shovel in paw!
                  <insert amusing death animation here>

You have died of an acute case of shovelbutt. Maybe next time, you'll put the shovel back into your pocket where it belongs, hmm?

- Load Game - Retry - Quit -

SnowQuest MCMLXIV (c)1984 LusciousArts
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    "Know"? What is this word? Here's the thought process I imagine.
                    I think you have this SC's train of thought down.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yep...every time there's the threat of snow in the forecast (even if it's just a dusting that will be removed by Mother Nature inside of a few days), we get the obligatory run on snow shovels and rock salt. Same thing with fans and air conditioners when a heat wave rolls through in July/August. You people KNOW when the hot/cold weather is coming, every fucking year, so why wait until the last minute every time? It's not like snow shovels and rock salt are going to go bad, so why not stock up in November, before it really starts to accumulate? And, if it turns out to be an unexpectedly mild winter, just save that shit until NEXT year.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        I think you have this SC's train of thought down.
                        The only problem is that the damn thing derailed.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          Yep...every time there's the threat of snow in the forecast (even if it's just a dusting that will be removed by Mother Nature inside of a few days), we get the obligatory run on snow shovels and rock salt. Same thing with fans and air conditioners when a heat wave rolls through in July/August. You people KNOW when the hot/cold weather is coming, every fucking year, so why wait until the last minute every time? It's not like snow shovels and rock salt are going to go bad, so why not stock up in November, before it really starts to accumulate? And, if it turns out to be an unexpectedly mild winter, just save that shit until NEXT year.
                          Yeah I know this happens where I live in CheeseHeadLand Central BUT I get the same thing with food delivery... OOOOMMMMGGGGGGG snow snow snow what do we do??? We have plenty of food in the pantry BUT MUST ORDER MASSIVE QUANITIES OF PIZZA AND OTHER DELIVERY FOOD (cookies for reference)
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            Same thing with fans and air conditioners when a heat wave rolls through in July/August. You people KNOW when the hot/cold weather is coming, every fucking year, so why wait until the last minute every time?
                            To be fair, I've done this myself as I've brought the fan down from the attic (where it is stored with a black sack over it to keep it from getting dusty/damp) only to discover that the fan that worked fine when it went up is now broken.

The snow shovels and grit, though? No excuses.
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                            X