Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CUSTOMER made my cry....(with bonus story!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUSTOMER made my cry....(with bonus story!)

and it was a good cry!

since the pandemic I've been working from home taking the same kind of phone calls for the same company...but the SCs and Karens of the world are using the pandemic for every excuse under the sun....

So on this day in particular....I was having a REALLY rough day and not enough sleep, lots of people complaining about their bills, how we're a heartless company that is only out to make money and doesn't care about the little guy whos BARELY struggling along (why NO!! I didn't know there was a pandemic going on.....wait.....I MIGHT have heard something small about that.....)

so this call comes in, guy is irritated and a little upset, and while speaking forceably is making a mighty effort to remain as calm as possible. The problem is easily fixed and we're making small talk while I explain how what happened happened, and how I'm fixing it, and even giving the time frame in which it will be fixed....all in all hes very pleasant.

At the end of the call he says "I don't think you guys (customer service agents) hear this enough....I just want to let you know you're doing an AMAZING job!"

to which I replied while choking back tears...."Sir, you have no idea how badly I needed to hear that today...."

So he asked to speak to my manager so he could tell them what an amazing job I was doing! I swear to bob there were ninjas cutting onions in the house somewhere...

BONUS STORY!!!!:

EVeryone on this board LOATHES the phrase "The Customer is always right" and most of us want to do unpleasent things to people who use that phrase like its law....

I had a customer use it on me and we BOTH had a good laugh over it....and I totally agreed!

Long call is coming to an end, hes being pleasant the entire call and we're making small talk while I'm working on his account...I mention being over worked and he says "Well you're bosses either need to give you a raise or send you home!....and don't you know the customer is always right...so you tell them I told you that :P"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Oh my. Well, that's a heart-warming story. How can I keep my cold heart and icy demeanor with stories like that?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Just interact with a few more customers. They'll chill your heart right out again...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X