X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It never ends

My PC won't connect to the Internet.

I have reset the network connection multiple times.

I can connect on my phone. My landlord says their Internet is working.

The PC says I'm connected. It says something about the Ipv6 not being connected.

I have tried various fixes. They don't work.

I reinstalled Windows 10. It doesn't work.

I ready to go back to Windows 7. I can't take any more from this fucking thing.

Disclaimer: I don't have Win 10, so I am talking in generalities.

In Internet Settings, is there something that says "IPv6" that you can un-check? Or something that says "IPv4" or "ipv4 only" that you can check? It sounds like the programs are trying to use IPv6 but the connection isn't supported somewhere along the way.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I took the computer to the place where I bought it today (they do repairs and rebuilds as well as sales). The guy found nothing wrong with it.

I took it home. It refused to connect.

The guy at the store sent his colleague out to my place to check it.

The colleague took a look, used his own laptop to try to connect (unsuccessfully), asked me some questions, and...

Shortened the cable.

You see, A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things, INCLUDING THE M*THERF*CKING CABLE!!!!

So he's the culprit. Now, they're both draped over my feet, as if he'd done nothing wrong.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        ... A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things...
        Gnawty, Gnawty!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Was it a CAT-5 cable?

Just a case of one cat dominating the other.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
            You see, A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things, INCLUDING THE M*THERF*CKING CABLE!!!!
            Years ago, I ran into the same things. Got refferred to a customer who was having issues with their LAN. Three other vendors had been out to fix the problems and failed. Turned out that one of the Shop Dogs had chewed on one of the network cables.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
              You have a cord chewer too? I've had two -- one cat I used to have (R.I.P. Orange Bastard) and one I have now (Thor aka Fatass.) I keep having to replace phone cords and low-voltage power cords (the thin kind) because he keeps chewing them up. And I usually don't notice until something stops working.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

There are cats, and then there are purranhas.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  This is why I always have an extra cable around. You never know when it will be needed... Or why it's needed.

Comment

Now I know why they make armored cables.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Now I know why they make armored cables.
                      Or run it through a piece of PVC pipe if'n you can afford to have a cord that doesn't bend, it'll prolly be cheaper
                      Seph
                      Taur10
                      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        You have a cord chewer too? I've had two -- one cat I used to have (R.I.P. Orange Bastard) and one I have now (Thor aka Fatass.) I keep having to replace phone cords and low-voltage power cords (the thin kind) because he keeps chewing them up. And I usually don't notice until something stops working.
                        Yes, and like your Fatass, he stops after a certain thickness. I keep using cat repellent spray on all my cords. Speaking of bastards...

Comment

Working...
                        X