Brandy, the Paranoid Mortgage Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ghel View Post
    The chair hasn't changed his number or blocked Brandy's YET, but I heard that he's been getting texts from her that are just as wacky and unhinged as the things she's said on the phone. We also haven't received that payment, so...
    This way he has her contact number too, in case she doesn't make the payments.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Until she changes it again.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        Until she changes it again.
        The minute she calls the chair again, you'll have her new number.

Comment

She'll probably figure out eventually that calling the bank just allows them to keep asking her for payment.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Probably....and she'll have material for some much better conspiracy theories.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Just wait until the Chair ends up as part of the new theories. After all, Brandy could use a new suitor, and/or stalker.

Wait for it. Just wait for it.

Comment

I'm not sure what the Chair has been saying to Brandy, but she sent us a payment. She's still 2 months behind, but it's something. Finally!

I hear that Brandy called the Chair's cell phone on Christmas Eve, as he was playing cards with his grown children and their spouses, while the grandkids were running around screaming in the background. [That they had a huge family gathering during Coronavirus is a separate rant that isn't really relevant here.] I don't know what was said. I can only imagine.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that phone call...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that phone call...
                    No kidding, since it was likely on his personal phone, it would not have been recorded for quality assurance and training
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Would it be bad form, or extreme style, to have a little notecard in an envelope, properly date-stamped, reading "This is why we don't give out personal phone numbers.", for when the Chair finally gets a clue?

Comment

Let's be serious here. The Chair probably wouldn't get a clue if it was handed over to him by Professor Plum or any of the others.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen with the lead pipe.
                          Sorry I couldn't resist

Who is John Galt?

Comment

From a certain movie:

[Bill and Ted take up Death's challenges, with one game being Clue]

Ted: What's he doing?

Bill: I don't know.

Death: I believe Colonel Mustard did it in the study with a candlestick.

Bill: [Opens case envelope and shows card] Sorry, Death. You lose. [shows card] It was Professor Plum.

Death: I said "Plum".

Ted: [stands in protest] No way. You said "Mustard"! Can we go back now?

Death: Best 3 out of 5.

Ted: [angry] I don't believe this guy!

Comment

"Best of seven...?"

"Damn right...!!!"

Comment

The Chair has basically washed his hands of Brandy. He hasn't blocked her number, that I'm aware, but he said I'm to start calling her again. Yay. -_-

I called her yesterday morning. To my surprise, she actually answered. And she was rather pleasant. We went over how past due she is (3 months) and what her past due balance is.

Brandy: Oh! That much already!
                                Me: It adds up in a hurry. (when you don't pay it)
                                Brandy: <mumbles something>
                                Me: <pauses, trying to parse what she said>
                                Me: So, when do you think you'll be able to make another payment?
                                Brandy: When I get my COVID money.
                                Me: Your stimulus check? That's weird you haven't gotten it. Nearly everybody else got theirs on Monday.
                                Brandy: The website says (some error message-I don't remember).
                                Me: Huh. Well, you should check with your bank where the last stimulus was deposited. This one should be there, too.
                                Brandy: I'll have to call them. It's all a plot, you know.
                                Me: Um... I don't know about that, but as long as you send us some money soon, we'll be good.
                                Brandy: I'm not having my mail forwarded, so if they sent me anything, I won't get it.
                                Me: Ok.
                                Brandy: I'll have to call that b**** at the post office to get my mail.
                                Me: Ok, Brandy, you'll call us when you can make a payment, right?
                                Brandy: Yeah, sure.

A lot of the conversation was really disjointed. I probably have some of it in the wrong order. She was slurring her words and mumbling a lot, like she was drunk/stoned/hung over at 11:00 in the morning. I cut her off and changed the subject when she started on her conspiracy theories. I've dealt with that enough and I'm tired of it.

BM and Ted seem happy that I made any contact with Brandy, even if I didn't get a solid promise to pay.
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X