This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't you use SCO then--?!

About 20 minutes to closing last night, I'm on the only manned register; the only other thing open is SCO. I'm wiping down my area when the SCO attendant (L) comes over with a few products in her hand, trailed by a grumpypants SC. Attendant asks me to ring up SC's items; I assume that there was an SCO problem as three of the four were blinking for "assistance needed". Maybe SC's grumpy vibes just kill any technology he tries to use.

As I take the items from the attendant and start to scan, SC flips out. "OMG nonononoooooo! Keep your food! He touched my food! I use self checkout because I don't want anyone else touching my food now his germs are on my food argleblargeeleventyoneone1111!!!!" (all SC's items were prepackaged, and not only was I wearing gloves I had used sanitizer just before handling his groceries) SC angrily picks up a pack of Twinkies, then notices a manager watching him, throws it down on the floor and stomps out with the CDH staring after him with a "WTF is this dude's glitch?" look on his face.

Me: "WTF was that about? He saw me use sanitizer before you handed me his shit."
    L: "If he's so paranoid about other people touching his food, why the hell did he let me touch it to bring it to you?"
    Manager: "Was there anything wrong with SCO that he couldn't use it?"
    L: "Not really. He was trying to scan a keychain store card and the scanner picked up a different one; each time that happened he hopped to another register rather than let me clear it and I didn't have to touch anything to do that."

CDH comes over. "Did that guy just call you 'he'?"
    Me: "Yes he did; to be honest I've been called 'he' so often I don't care about that anymore. I'm just glad he didn't actually decide to throw those Twinkies."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Well, a new weight loss program!

Comment

I wonder how he thinks products are put on the shelves.

Comment

Curious. How does he think product is stocked? Or shipped for that matter? How do those products get into prepackaged food (I’m assuming deli or something)? Especially since I assume you live in North America somewhere, where picking things up to touch and feel them when you have no intention of actually buying them is socially acceptable (in a lot of countries it’s not)
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Stock

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          I wonder how he thinks products are put on the shelves.
          They float in the air from the magic back room of-course.

Comment

People like that think the germs are only transferred if they see the product being handled. If it's out of sight, it's out of mind.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The stuff he was buying was more than likely machine-packaged; think canned beans and microwaveable mashed potatoes. The SC wasn't actually wearing gloves himself, so he couldn't have been all that concerned...

Comment

Machine packaged stuff usually involves humans somewhere. It doesn't just jump on the shelves by itself.

However, whiny ass crybabies never pass up an opportunity to throw a fit and then stew about how the world is so unfair. From the description, he's probably single.

Comment

Single? I can't possibly imagine why...

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                  Especially since I assume you live in North America somewhere, where picking things up to touch and feel them when you have no intention of actually buying them is socially acceptable
                  Correct. I've changed my shopping habits to avoid touching anything unless I'm actually going to buy it; if I know I'm going to want to look without buying (reading the backs of books to decide if they sound interesting), I carry a small pile of disposable gloves, use sanitizer upon entering the store and try to keep handling to a minimum.
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-17-2020, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    Correct. I've changed my shopping habits to avoid touching anything unless I'm actually going to buy it
                    Noticed the change in myself just today. Going in the store I walked by a rack full of stuffed animals. In the past I would manually flipped thru them to see if there was any I thought my friend would like, instead today I just bobbed my head around to look behind the ones in front to see what they had.

NO TOUCHING.

And no there weren't any I wanted.

Comment

Hands in pockets, right hand holding bottle of hand sanitizer just to have something to do.

I've been wearing long sleeve shirts since forever because I'm allergic to the sun and don't like having pieces of me cut off.

I don't know when the change happened, but I automatically pull the cuff of my right sleeve up to cover my hand when I open doors.

Comment

Working...
                      X