Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, we get it. Some of us prefer to have the card handed back. Let's move past that and focus on the SC aspects of the tale, which are plentiful.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

IF they want their damn card back then what's so hard about picking it up themselves? I had an issue similar to that one a while back at Wal-Mart when I was a cashier there. Customer told me to give it back to him the way he gave it to me & I basically said..."No, you can pick it up there on the counter. I'm not your slave" So he went & complained to an assistant manager & I got read the riot act over that one. Maybe I could have handled that situation different but he was being snotty about it.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
        Anyway, re: sliding the card back. I always give the card,change, whatever back the way it was handed to me. If the customer slid it across the counter, then I slide it across the counter too. It's completely passive aggressive of me.
        I did this when I was in retail and I never considered it passive aggressive; on the contrary I always considered it exemplary service.

I know there are people with phobias about germs and touching people and just because I do not have this fear does not invalidate it for other people. When someone put money or a card on the counter I would always assume that they would prefer to receive the change and receipt sent back to them in the same manner.

Just being a good employee and considerate human being.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Me: Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude about it.
        SC: Well you were. I prefer having my card placed back in my hand.
        Me: Ok
        (at this point there is a pause. His card is still sitting on the counter)
        SC: I said I prefer to have the card PLACED IN MY HAND. <makes a motion towards card>
        Me: (I suddenly realized what he wanted...and begrudgingly handed him the card)
        SC: There, now was that so hard? Just start doing that for everybody and maybe you'll be treated a little better.
        Do you think his head would have exploded if you had responded, "Actually some people prefer to have the card handed to them like you, some people prefer not to have the card handed to them and the majority do not care. If I were to do what you suggest it would make you and people who feel like you happy but then the people who DON'T want the card handed to them would be upset. It would really help me out if people who feel very strongly about this issue would wear a sign around their neck expressing their specific desire in this matter. Unlike customers I actually read signs."

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Also to the people who try pay me with $100s when I can clearly see you have smaller bills in your fold:

I loathe you...deeply
        I occasionally have a hundred. I never assume that a place will break it. I always ask, "Can you break a hundred?" before I hand it to them and, yes, I will use a hundred even if I have smaller bills in some situations. If I am in a supermarket I figure the odds are better that they have enough cash to break the bill so I will ask even if I have smaller bills in my wallet. I do this so that I don't wind up in a situation where I am in a little mom&pop store with only a $100 bill left in my wallet.
        Last edited by Peppergirl; 03-23-2011, 09:40 PM.
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
          I prefer Spider Jerusalem's take on weapons.
          Remember to set it to "prolapse"!

One of my favorite Spider Jerusalem quotes:

Did you ever want to set someone's head on fire, just to see what it looked like? Did you ever stand in the street and think to yourself, I could make that nun go blind just by giving her a kiss? Did you ever lay out plans for stitching babies and stray cats into a Perfect New Human? Did you ever stand naked surrounded by people who want your gleaming sperm, squirting frankincense, soma and testosterone from every pore? If so, then you're the bastard who stole my drugs Friday night. And I'll find you. Oh, yes.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X