Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Now that the first battle with her has gone past, here's a bio for Susana Ishii, the Asian scion that Lupo and Fiona just fought in the Palazzo.

Name: Susana Ishii
Heritage: Daughter of Susano-o, Amatsu-kami of storms and the sea
Divine Abilities:
  • Focus -- “Leaf-Cutter” - A Japanese tsurugi of incomparable sharpness. When sheathed, there is a powerful illusion spell on it, one of Truly Divine power, which makes it unable to be noticed. Once drawn, however, the illusion is broken until it is sheathed again. Most of her abilities are “muted” or lesser in potency or power when the blade is sheathed, when drawn, her powers are released.
  • The Freedom of Winds (Flight) - Susana is capable of flying. When Leaf-Cutter is sheathed, this is limited to short distances.
  • Call Down the Storm (Weather Control) - Susana is capable of controlling the weather in her vicinity, but primarily uses it to summon thunderstorms and lightning. When Leaf-Cutter is sheathed, she can summon a small rainstorm.
  • Like a Black Cat Crossing Your Path (Luck Manipulation) - Susana has the ability to cause things to go wrong around her. In battle, this can manifest as weapons misfiring or getting caught in their holsters. She can focus this ability on technology so it locks up, or shorts out in a way that allows her to get through locked doors, for example.
Divine Attributes:
  • Faster Than Winds (Speed) - Susana is capable of quite rapid movement, at least twice as fast as a mundane human.
  • Stronger Than Mountains (Strength/Durability) - Susana is about half again as strong as a mundane human, but she has shown incredible resilience to injury, even compared to other scions.
Description:
A lithe, small Japanese woman with her dark hair in a “hime cut” and stormy gray eyes, Susana is an intense person. She likes to cause trouble and has a practical approach to people giving her trouble: kill them. She feels herself superior to mundane humanity, and doesn’t see why she should trouble herself with their laws or morals anymore.

Backstory:
Susana Ishii was born in America to Japanese parents, but the American culture caused her to rebel against her parents’ more traditional views. Perpetually in trouble for her behavior and outbursts, she might have carried on being just an attention-seeking thrillseeker, until the day her real father entered her life.

After that, a deep bitterness filled her. Her Divine Father wanted her to help stop the Titans, but what right did he have to tell her what to do? Where had he been for all her life? She took his gifts and did what she could to avoid entering the conflict, until the notion struck her to instead take him down a peg or two by helping the Titans win. That would show him.

Flaws: Susana is a little bloodthirsty once Leaf-Cutter has been drawn. She tends to leap into fights without thinking, but will retreat when it becomes clear that the odds are not in her favor. She also loves an audience, and is more apt to back down if there isn’t one to hand.
Goal: Topple the Divinity.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 AM
135°

My inner Aiden would like to make a brief comment.

"...well, fuck."

Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Has had too many jobs

I'm trying to figure out what Lupo actually cares about besides the next good fight. ((Guy has a very one track mind)). No real family, no romantic interests. He is a big softy though, so I could go the 'protect the children' route. Things that make you go hmm now. May have made a too one dimensional character..the merciless warrior is a new thing to me.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
I'm trying to figure out what Lupo actually cares about besides the next good fight. ((Guy has a very one track mind)). No real family, no romantic interests. He is a big softy though, so I could go the 'protect the children' route. Things that make you go hmm now. May have made a too one dimensional character..the merciless warrior is a new thing to me.
You went with an interesting and a solid route, though. Even if Lupo has no specific people he knows personally that might be threatened, it leaves it open for fate to put him in touch with the kids he saw in his Dream.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Has had too many jobs

Thank you. Normally I am a much more solid player, even typically a leader. Went a less..active role because of issues with memory and mind fog..but I am the type that doesn't think outside the box. I think "What Box?"

Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
135°

<--is of the firm belief that the knife SHOULD be called 'Mister Stabby'

Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Trainee

Name: Hassan Al-Ashraf
Heritage: Anubis - God of Death, Justice

Divine Abilities:

Focus -- An ancient coin with a jackal imprinted on it.
  • A Glimpse of Beyond - The world of the living and the world of the dead rest very close to each other, just barely out of the perception of most. Depending on how fully the curtain is drawn back, the effects can range from terror to madness.
  • Lord of Shadows - Can speak with and command the dead. Very devout followers of another pantheon will not respond to him, and there are, of course, many horrid abominations out there that have no interest in listening and are strong enough to resist him.

Divine Attributes:
  • What Is Dead May Never Die - Isn't really "mortal" in the strictest sense of the word. Can suffer like anyone else, but to the best of his knowledge, death is more of a sidelining than a permanent end.

Description:
About what you'd expect from someone who lives surrounded by waking images of death and other, even worse things. Hassan is a driven and morose man - while he has a strong sense of right and wrong, it's colored by his knowledge of what lies beyond and the temporary nature of the world around him.

About 5'10" - Heavy eyebrows, shoulder length brown hair and green eyes, usually dresses in a brown jacket and a white shirt/dark vest... his fashion sense is still stuck in the 20's, and even though he's mostly adjusted to modern technology, he still can't resist carrying a pocket watch around.

Backstory:
Lord Carnavon was the first to die, but he wasn't the last.

Hassan had been there with the adventurer in the Valley of the Kings - opening the tomb that promised to deliver death on swift wings to those who disturbed it. First the lord had died... then the foolhardy railroad heir... but when death finally chose to visit him, its wings were all but swift. First, the days of pain and dread. Then the vomit - caked with maggots that felt as if they were chewing his flesh from the inside out. Soon he couldn't eat, or drink, or sleep... and when sleep did finally visit him, he woke up naked and underground, his body completely renewed.

He was raised the next day in the dead of night by a fellow excavator, who had been keeping an eye on him and revealed to him the story of his heritage and the cosmic struggle he'd been thrown in the midst of.

The years passed, trusted advisors and friends died or faded away, and he remained in the condition that he was on that muddy night in Cairo. While his true father had never spoken to him, it seemed that this son of death hadn't yet served his purpose. He eventually set up shop in New Orleans scowling for antiquities in between tasks for his divine father. The city suited him well and brimmed with history and supernatural energy.

While seeking out a knife that was rumored to be an heirloom of the Pharoahs, Hassan found himself in a fight with the Sons of the Exiled, a doomsday cult that worshiped an ancient abomination. As he attempted to destroy the monstrous thing, his powers turned inward on him, trapping him in a horror beyond life and death.

He experienced death personally - slowly suffering every horror imagined by gods and man, until eventually, he woke up again, naked in his own room in the back of the store.

That was only a year ago. He's spent the time since trying to piece together what happened - and figure out why no one tried to help him, all while keeping a grip on his dwindling sanity. And yet despite his inner turmoil, his "higher duties" still call him, as merciless and constant as ever...

Flaws: His powers have only betrayed him once, but that one time gave him the kind of PTSD that would make a Vietnam vet feel sorry for him. Minor events trigger flashbacks and disturbing memories, sometimes with tangible consequences. He was already teetering on the edge of madness, and this encounter hasn't helped him any. He gives off vibes that make him nearly impossible to hide to the supernaturally aware.

He also makes children and animals EXTREMELY nervous.

None of his abilities work on blessed/sacred grounds.

Goals: Find out what nullified his power that night, destroy the entity that tortured him, have a long sit-down with his father, stop the Titans. What are goals but distractions? A man without either is lost.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Cashier

Señor Stabs-A-Lot takes issue with this. :P

Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
135°

Okay, how about Stabbitacoatl? Stabben Itza? Stabbychitlan?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM

How about "Fuck You I'm A Knife"?

Closed Thread