Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 10-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

I do have an update on my friend I mentioned earlier in the thread. He's gotten his marriage license. The wedding was planned for the 17th, but because of her condition going down hill so fast, it will be this Saturday.

It won't be a long marriage, but, however long it will be, it will be a good one.

Last edited by Victory Sabre; 10-01-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Other side of the m0dem

This still makes me so sad.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

This still makes me so sad.
Me too. They, well mostly he, are going to have a reception after the wedding tomorrow. I'll be going there after I'm done with work.

I just wish I would have picked up a bottle of whiskey for him when I was in South Dakota a few weeks back. He loves it. I did get her some Spotted Cow a while ago, but that was before her health went off the deep end.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:59 AM
Bookkeeper

Comparatively trivial: the lower half of my face is breaking out like crazy. I do switch to a clean cotton mask each day, maximum consecutive wear time not much over an hour (I do wear it intermittently through the day). My masks get machine-washed each week in a hot cycle with bleach (along with other whites). I do wash my face regularly, and have been known to apply hand sanitizer to pimples to disinfect them and dry them out.

Others at work are also experiencing something similar. Some use disposables, others use reusable as I do. My workplace is predominantly female, and the few men there weren't involved in this conversation. Range of ages and skin types.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 10-03-2020, 05:28 AM
Cashier

I am 62 years old, which is way too old to be getting zits.

My doctor calls it "Mask Acne" and says she has been seeing a lot of it. Her advice is to use a fresh disposable mask every hour. Also, one should use lots of moisturizer.

I think nobody knows what the heck is going on, but I typed that out to say "feel bad, but don't feel alone.".

Old 10-03-2020, 10:14 AM
I need a life

Another friend has Covid and his heart procedure has to be delayed. So that's 5 people I know personally who've tested positive. It's gotten real.

I have some cotton masks and I've gotten a small pimple or two, but nothing very serious. Overall the quarantining has been good for my skin because I stopped wearing foundation altogether--no point in that. I guess makeup causes me more problems than it solves. Also, I use retinol every night so I suppose that helps with any acne that might come up.

Last edited by Food Lady; 10-03-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:48 PM
Asura Mesmer

My employer wants me to completely take over handling escrows (with no pay increase, of course ), which in the before times would mean I head down to the main branch for extra training. But when Ted told me this, I asked him how the cases were in Cheeselandia, knowing full well that they're having a surge. He waffled. I said I didn't want to travel. Now they're scrambling to get supplies and training to me before December, when the bulk of the escrows have to be paid.

I refuse to travel. Other idiots at the bank are putting themselves at risk, but I'm not going to.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:12 AM
Cashier

Good on you for standing up for yourself, Ghel. You are a good employee who goes out of her/his way to get the job done. Even so, expecting you to risk your health or maybe even your life to travel just so they can dump even more work on you is unreasonable.

I am currently working for the census and was offered the amazing opportunity to drive across the state (mileage and hours paid two weeks later on regular check) to work 12 hour days while paying for meals ($50 per day) and motel ($100 per day) up front and being reimbursed sometime in November.

I was very nice when I refused, but rather rude in my mind.

Old 10-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Other side of the m0dem

I wonder why surgeons and nurses don't have the acne issue with masks? I never heard of this before until the other day.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
I wonder why surgeons and nurses don't have the acne issue with masks?
Maybe because they're used to wearing them? Think about it...before eight months ago, how often did the average American wear a medical mask for hours a day?