This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD enclosure

OK this is one for my books. I just got a new PC not long ago and was in the process of xfering my backup drive to the new computer. MY backup drive died. I still have my old PC and I am going remove the HDD (It still is good????) and am looking for advise on a HDD case/enclosure/device so that I can hook up old HDD to new PC via USB. I have done this before but I think when I cleaned/purged a couple of years ago i tossed the enclosure and power cord

any recommendations ??? I use Newegg and Triger Direct

Thx
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Yeah, the internal drive could still be fine unless it was throwing errors before the backup drive crapped out. Did the old (non-backup) drive and/or system crap out at the same time, or did the backup drive just stop sending data?

I've used a number of random enclosures and adaptors over the years, and even cheap ones have always worked just fine (even the really generic ones like Rosewill). If you're just gonna use it for a one-time thing, a cheap one should be fine, e.g. a $10~15 one.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This is the one I've been using. It's a little pricey than what Eric is talking about, but it's been working great for me.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Yeah, the internal drive could still be fine unless it was throwing errors before the backup drive crapped out. Did the old (non-backup) drive and/or system crap out at the same time, or did the backup drive just stop sending data?

I've used a number of random enclosures and adaptors over the years, and even cheap ones have always worked just fine (even the really generic ones like Rosewill). If you're just gonna use it for a one-time thing, a cheap one should be fine, e.g. a $10~15 one.
        Regarding My old PC without warning Win 7 would not let me log in after I had done a reboot. It threw up a bad password error. I assume the old HDD is good

My external backup (backed up at least one a day for about 6 years) just stopped responding and Win 10 informed me the drive had malfunctioned

Thanks Mike --- all in one and big enough for me to notice and not purge it.
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-23-2021, 04:28 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X