This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer giving free Covid vaccine

My employer, which is a *major grocery store chain*, is giving employees the Covid 19 vaccine for free, but there are hoops you need to jump through in order to get said free vaccine.

First, you had to sign up for the free vaccine.
    Second, you had to go to our employers website to schedule an appointment, but that website would not work.
    So, then you were told the contact the pharmacy at the location you work at or at another location to schedule a time to get the vaccine.
    But, the vaccine is only being given to groups of 10 employees at a time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.

I worked 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. After clocking out at work today, I went to the pharmacy to get my vaccine. I was told by a pharmacy tech that a store manager had to walk me to the pharmacy to get my vaccine. But when I spoke to a store manager, 10 employees already received the vaccine today, and I was told to return on Monday. I asked that manager what time I need to be there since I work 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. that day. I was told to come in at my scheduled work time, and I will receive a phone call when there is a group of employees available.

This is how I feel about the entire situation...
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-10-2021, 12:53 AM.

I... thought the vaccine would be free for everyone?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It's *supposed* to be...

Snugglegirl, you're lucky to be able to get it this soon. In my area, only front-line healthcare workers are currently being vaccinated. My mother, who lives in a large senior facility, is still waiting, and I'm rather further down the list.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        Snugglegirl, you're lucky to be able to get it this soon. In my area, only front-line healthcare workers are currently being vaccinated. My mother, who lives in a large senior facility, is still waiting, and I'm rather further down the list.
        Yeah, here I think we're still in tier A1 or A2 which is high risk health care workers and people in long term care facilities. Grocery store employees (I believe that's where the OP works?) would be in B2 but only for people over 50 years old. If you're under 50 and work in a grocery store, or other "congregate" settings would be B4. And me, I'm not even in a tier. I'm in "future phases" which are yet undetermined, estimated from May on.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Please remember, there is a required 15 minute observation period with the vaccine. They can't do everyone at once.

While the scheduling mismanagement is frustrating, I think a little patience will help. They are required to get you vaccinated. Someone will be in big trouble if they don't, and it won't be you.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I received a phone call at work yesterday from one of the store managers asking me if I wanted to get the Corona virus vaccine, and I said yes.

I was told to go the the pharmacy after work yesterday.

When I got there, there were less than 10 employees waiting for their corona virus vaccine.

Comment

Working...
            X