This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old man behaving like a child

The other night I stopped by McDonald's with younger son because my older son wanted me to bring him home some ice cream. My younger son wanted a frappe so the girl at the counter made the plain ice cream and set it on the counter. She headed toward the frappe machine and this older guy came up with two coffee cups. He started banging them on the counter like a child throwing a tantrum. So the counter girl had to deal with his refills, but he didn't want the coffee that was in the pot so she had to start new coffee for him. All this time my kid's ice cream is sitting on the counter melting. She finally gets to the frappe for us. I was telling my younger son that the man's behavior was completely unacceptable, and as far as I was concerned, she should have finished our order before dealing with the man's refills, especially since we had ice cream. I was not really cross towards her, she was young and probably new, but I was starting to bite my tongue to keep my snark away from the older man acting like a toddler.

At least it was a good lesson for your son. If it had been me at the counter (working) I would've sweetly said, "I'll get that for you as soon as I'm done helping these people." Of course, I'm not a teen or twenty-something worker anymore. I love the smile; it really ticks off the rude ones. I've had someone walk away in a huff because of it. Score!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ugh old men and their coffee, NOTHING you hear me, NOTHING stands in their way of their free coffee!!! *shakes fist*

Comment

Don't tell me that Dr Jonah! Our coffee machine at work (the one we use for free lobby coffee) just went Tits Up --it went out in a blaze of glory complete with magic purple smoke -- and of course the repair guy doesn't have the part. We're going to have some cranky guests tomorrow morning. Except I'm off (and so will be the phone). MUAHHAHAHA!
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Oh, yes, we have our coffee vultures, too.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A few years ago when I still worked at Hell-mart, the deli/snack bar offered free coffee for seniors on Mondays. Well one particular Monday we got 2 feet of snow so naturally there were a lot of call offs, including the opening deli associate. The sheer number of elderly people throwing a temper tantrum because there was no FREE coffee for them was astounding.

Comment

Old men and McDonalds actually lol I see a lot of these 'OLD' men talking about the good'ol days and how the city is changing bla bla bla same nonsense every single day you walk by McDonald. Like if you are just being a negative Nancy then go the the dirt pops!

Comment

My guess would be that the workers had long ago learned not to keep this particular entitlement whore waiting.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X