Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I despise when someone can just say "I won't do my job" and there are no consequences. But it's only ever certain people who get away with it. The rest of us in the same company are attacked. At least you have the auditor to put his foot down.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
      There was the loan Goodhair opened without getting the proper corporate documents for the business. Since I opened the associated checking account (I don't know why me, except that Goodhair knows I'm competent), I was asked for the CIP* info. He had docs in the form of "Lakeland Properties, LLC", but the actual business name is "Lakeland Properties of City, LLC." I know the latter is the actual business name because they effing filed taxes under that name and that's how it's registered with the Secretary of State. We just don't have organization docs in that name.
      I would say it's feasible to charge a rush fee for the processing with the SC understanding that there's no guarantee everything would still go through? You're in a hurry? $50 up front and no guarantee you'll get what you want either, and it's non-refundable.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
        I would say it's feasible to charge a rush fee for the processing with the SC understanding that there's no guarantee everything would still go through? You're in a hurry? $50 up front and no guarantee you'll get what you want either, and it's non-refundable.
        I would love to do that, but it's Goodhair's customer. He'll make all the exceptions he wants to just to get/keep their business. Goodhair usually doesn't charge closing fees for the loans he does. (Granted, the interest paid often makes up for a lack of closing fees.)
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Oh, grrrr. I have co-workers who refuse to do their flipping jobs and ask for documentation and then they pend the case, which means that they aren't the one who approves it, the next worker who picks up the case has to ask for documentation. The wailing and screaming that ensues is enough to make me check who last touched the case.

There are 3 people working in my office that always toss their co-workers under the bus like that. We know who they are and quite frankly, if one of them asks a personal favor of most of us, it is automatically refused.

Sorry, Jane, I don't have time to pick something up for your lunch, mine is going to be late because I have to finish your last case. Dang, John, its too bad that you need a jump, I had to work late to finish up your case and dinner is waiting.

OTOH, if its someone who always does everything she or he should and leaves something clean for me to finish? Dang, Charles, did your car that should have been scrapped 20 years ago die again? No problem, I can stay as long as you need and here's my jumper cables.

Comment

Working...
          X