This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want Out!!

I have been at this current job a little over five years, and it's gotten unbearable.

It's a call center job for a bank, so that's strike one and two right off. The problems here are many, and management seems blind and deaf to them.

We are required to help merchants with their devices, and walk them through their problems. The issue here is, there is absolutely no online resource center. At all. We have to rely on what another person thinks the answer is, or try searching for an answer somewhere in the huge pile of papers we have. It often takes 30 minutes or more to get any answer.

Along these same lines is trying to walk customers through the ACH/wire process. We on the phones are completely blind. We don't even have a simulator. A manager can emulate the customer, but that doesn't really help when trying to answer a general question. And if course, our "search" engine is completely useless. It will not give any pertinent answers to any questions that are typed in.

One of the biggest reasons customers and branches call in is because of online lockouts. If a customer forgets his/her password, too bad, must call and wait 30 minutes on hold. If they go to a branch for help, the branches don't have the ability to unlock. So they have to call and sit for 30 minutes on hold. It's very frustrating for the customer, the branch rep and the call center employee. Customers also get locked out for unknown reasons when sending ACH or wires. They must call in and get unlocked. Again, branches can't do anything for them.

I could go on and on and on, but these are a few reasons I want out.

Another is the fact that I have a paralyzed foot and leg, and cannot walk long distances. They have some parallel parking that is supposed to be disabled parking, but instead is taken up by people who have handwritten "permits" and nothing is done about that. I'm stuck having to walk long distances and by the time I reach the building, I'm in a lot of pain.

I feel your pain. I don't work for a bank but I'm in billing and pretty much all the stuff you said applies. ACH transfers are a pain because whatever information the customers' banks are putting in doesn't work for our payment system and funds don't apply. And I have zero access to whatever their banks are doing. I spend hours tracking down money sitting in cyberspace (on account, theirs or our dump account).
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Unfortunately, jobs like these are considered "cost centers", and so companies want to spend as little money on them as possible.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Is it worth mentioning the parking to HR? If the spots are intended for disabled staff, and non-disabled staff are blocking them causing disabled staff to incur pain & suffering, there's got to be a case for discrimination.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Screw HR. Report it to the department of labor. Getting a call from them tends to make employers listen.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
          X