This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring! Ring!

Today was just strange. Nothing in particular, just things playing out oddly. At least nothing except these two phone calls I answered.

Call #1.
    "I just want to check to make sure my daughter's pictures were sent to (location that isn't mine).

"That's not this location and we don't have a way to check orders at other stores."

"Well, you're probably wondering why I called your store. I'm a prescriber and when I call that store I get stuck on the pharmacy menus and the pharmacy isn't open yet."

I gave the phone number to the store but I was confused by what she said. What is a "prescriber"? What number was she calling? Our stores only have one number that send you to the store or pharmacy. Hopefully she got through and still isn't stuck talking to the recordings. Or not, I don't really care.

Call #2

"Do you sell stainless steel bedpans?"

"No, we don't."

"Do you know who does?"

"No, I don't."

Then he asked about sheets but all we have is a waterproof pad.

Both people were polite and their questions were valid but just nothing I've come across before. What's funny is that I don't think we even got many phone calls today. Screw it, just chalk it up to 2020!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Re: the stainless steel bedpans, is there any kind of medical supply store in your area? (I'm guessing you work in a pharmacy ... ?) We've got one chain that has two stores in my area and they sell a ton of fascinating stuff, most of which the average drugstore doesn't carry.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Re: the first caller, a prescriber would be someone like a doctor I would think, someone who prescribes medication. So they're probably calling up, listening to the phone tree, and selecting the "I am calling regarding prescribing some medication" option because that describes them, rather than picking the one that describes their needs.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I work in the front end of a pharmacy so most of the calls I get are usually just for crutches or wheelchairs. And prescriber just sounds like one of those websites that just write prescripts for people that don't really feel like a real medical service.

Of course I'd take a few phone calls that leave me scratching my head of the two Karens I had last night. Story filed under the proper area, except I wish there was a topic stronger than for customers merely "sucking".
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
        X