This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job!!!!

I have been looking to leave the call center world behind pretty much since I started it but it hasn't been easy. I couldn't leave this job before having another one lined up and ready to go.

Well...

I just finished the onboarding process for a job as a private security guard. It is definitely going to be a change for me, and I'm hoping that it will ultimately be less stressful than the shit I've been dealing with for three years.

I've applied to work evenings and over-nights as I am much more a night owl than an early bird. I should know where I will be placed soon enough, and while it may start out part-time it should turn into full-time soon enough because I want the shift that so many people don't want.

I heard about this job through a friend of mine who was recently hired on as area manager for the company. His girlfriend is my best friend and she's been doing everything she can to get me out of the call center before I have a bigger meltdown than I've had there previously - my mental health can only take so much more before I go postal...and that would not be good for anybody. So, when her boyfriend got hired as area manager they put their heads together, and this is the result

I wonder what sort of weird and wonderful tales I'll have with this job. I know that once I am safely away from the call center job I can finally post some of the more interesting/frustrating/hilarious stuff that has happened there

Congrats! I'm sure there will be stories!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I start this Sunday! Gave my notice this afternoon at the call center and apologized profusely for not being able to give them two weeks - my immediate boss was very understanding and she knows why I need out of the call center environment. At least I will not be leaving here on a bad note

Comment

Working...
      X