This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fired lands me a MUCH better job

So for the last 3 years I had working at one of the 'Dollar' stores as a store manager being used and abused because I was salaried. A few months I did something really stupid that broke the rules. Recently LP found out about it and I got the heave ho.

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I didn't even have to try and file for unemployment. Since the stress of my job was really getting to me, I had already started to look elsewhere. Well, one day after getting fired, a manager for a pharmacy with a 3 letter name calls me and without even doing a formal interview, OFFERS me a job over the phone.

My new job I will be making MORE money even though I will taking a couple steps DOWN the corporate ladder. $17 an hour! So now if I have to work 60 hours a week like I was doing at the dollar store, I will be properly compensated for it. And my new boss has already hinted that I more than likely won't be in the position very long before being promoted.

I think I'll send a big bouquet of flowers to the girl that tipped off LP and helped set me up to get me fired.

Just please learn from the mistake you made in your prior job, so you can hang on to this one. Sounds like it'll be good!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Just please learn from the mistake you made in your prior job, so you can hang on to this one. Sounds like it'll be good!
      Oh for sure I learned my lesson. This is a giant opportunity for me and to be making more money than I was at the dollar store, I'm definitely going to be watching my p's & q's and not doing anything stupid

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
        I think I'll send a big bouquet of flowers to the girl that tipped off LP and helped set me up to get me fired.
        Sounds evil enough for my taste
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That's great! Congratulations.
          Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Working...
          X