This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying not to jinx it, but...

...it seems that I finally landed a 3-months (possibly more) temp contract!

I'll be functioning as a case worker for a government agency that handles grants to farms that want to upgrade their agricultural technology.

Upside: getting new work experience and racking up work hours for unemployment eligibility. Also, a very short commute (15-20 minutes). And not to mention - I'll get some actual training, not just a crash course!
    Downside: Probably crappy pay opposed to what I use to earn in accounting positions, and limitations on how much summer vacation I can take. But I can handle that.

I'm expecting the temp agency to mail me my contract within the next couple of days, but in the meantime, please keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Keeping fingers, eyes and toes crossed! Oh, and I'll press my thumbs, too. (The German expression to wish s.o. luck is: Daumen drücken, literaly pressing thumbs.)
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanx for the well-wishes. I GOT THE JOB! Gonna start on Monday!
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Comment

[doing the Snoopy dance of joy for you] Congratulations!
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Slight update:

My contract has been extended till the end of the year, though with a tongue-in-cheek comment from my supervisor: "Yeah, but don't you dare go job seeking in December!"

It would be cool if I could keep the job until at least April or May (so I can get full unemployment eligibilty again), but the huge bigwigs (aka THE Government) are talking of relocating certain agencies to rural areas in order to create jobs there, so I'll just have to wait and see how that goes.
          Last edited by NorthernZel; 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Well, the year is almost up, and already in November I've been told that my services won't be needed again until February/March at earliest.

Though, I *know* that people are jobhunting away from the place at a rapid pace due to the relocation plans, so I do expect a frantic phone call sometimes in January when they realize how many notices were sent

Anyhow, I've updated my resume, so here's hoping management gets in contact with me before another employer does...
            Last edited by NorthernZel; 12-27-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

And whaddyaknow, I got a phone call on Friday and got the paperwork from the temp agency today; I'll be back at the agency from Monday and at least to April 1st, but it can (most probably) be extended.

Comment

Working...
              X