This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for and got a new position!

I started working as a security guard only about a month ago after leaving the call center where I had been for the past three years. At the beginning of this week I was told about an advertisement for site coordinator of the site I am at, and I was being strongly urged to apply for it.

I wasn't sure if I would get it because I know of a guard with another site the company is contracted with that had applied who has a lot more experience in security than I have. But I got the call today to offer me the position and I happily accepted it.

Considering that I had taken a small drop in pay to come here after leaving the call center, I now make more than I did during my three years at that call center. Yes, there is responsibility attached to it, but considering that we're a crew of five people I don't see it being too bad here. Besides, I've handled a larger number of staff than that in the past. As long as nobody takes this as an opportunity to treat me like a doormat all should be okay. I hope.

Fingers crossed!

Congratulations! A definite step up!

Comment

Good on ya!!
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Working...
      X