This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaping retail!

I'll still hang around here, sorry to disappoint anyone who thought I would be out of their monitor.

For the last two years, I've worked in a thrift store run by a job training program. One thing they do is line up trial situations with real employers, and if the trial period is a success, the employee moves over to that employer.

I start such a trial run on Thursday, and get the impression my new boss assumes I'll be sticking around. I plan to.

It's bookkeeping and some general office work, which is a LOT closer to what I've been studying for two years than retail is, and I won't be dealing with the sucktomers haunting thrift stores any more!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Ooh, I am happy for you.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yay!!! Wishing you much success moving forward.

Comment

Congrats! I hope this is the start of a long and successful career!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X