This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, it's the little things ...

A couple days ago, I had just finished an early-morning swim at the University (really cheap pool that my insurance will pay for; now that school is in session, there's nowhere to easily park on-campus midday, so I have to go at dawn or at dusk ). I was talking with one of the gents who works there regarding where I can legally park at other times, as things are getting crowded.

Just before I got in the car, he asked me if I was a doctor or a lawyer, because I "look like a professional." This, with me standing there in my swimsuit, with my mussed up, half-dried hair, with a damp towel draped around my shoulders. That made my day ^__^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Maybe it's how you carried yourself?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
    X