This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is it folks

Just got offered, and accepted, a job at a factory about 10 minutes away. It's third shift but I will be making over 3 bucks an hour more than I already am.

Notice will be typed up and given tomorrow.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Holy schmoo, Irv! Congratulations for being out of the Swamp!

...Though I'm a little sad we won't continue to get daily updates on how totally f***ed up things are there...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

This has been a long time coming.

Good on ya, Irv.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Wait! What? No more Clearance Swamp stories?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PS. Congratulations and best of luck!
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Might I suggest a truly professional and clear resignation letter:

"Dear Manager -- whatever your name is; it's not really important:

Na na naaaa naaa, Na na naaaa naaa, HEY HEY HEY! Goood-byeeeee!

Sincerely yours, IPF.

PS: Fuck you very much."
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Or attach a link to Johnny Paycheck's signature song.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It would be interesting to witness the implosion at the Clearance Swamp.

Comment

I hope the new job treats you loads better than the Swamp did.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Truly the end of an era! Best of luck with the new job!
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

That's great, Irv. I'd work graveyard to get away from customers any day! And you get more money? A serious win-win.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      That's great, Irv. I'd work graveyard to get away from customers any day! And you get more money? A serious win-win.

Yup. Close to $3 more an hour to start. Plus overtime is when you sign up for it, and you may not even have to work it. But if you do, you get the option of taking off another day during the week.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Might I suggest a truly professional and clear resignation letter:

"Dear Manager -- whatever your name is; it's not really important:

Na na naaaa naaa, Na na naaaa naaa, HEY HEY HEY! Goood-byeeeee!

Sincerely yours, IPF.

PS: Fuck you very much."
                      Oh no, my notice was polite and to-the-point. But you best believe I'll be thinking that when I walk out those doors Friday afternoon.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

And welcome to the world of 3rd shift. We're good people.

Well, most of us.

Sometimes.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

First thought: Damn, no more swamp stories....
                          Second thought: Congrats, I'm sure it's a lot less stressful at the new job, and 3$/h more help too.
                          Third thought: Some former co-irkers will have to work for real now, poor things....
                          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            ... And welcome to the world of 3rd shift. We're good people...
                            For sufficiently strange values of Good...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

And welcome to the world of 3rd shift. We're good people.

Well, most of us.

Sometimes.
                              Aww, you're no fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X