This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I turned her around

My last call of the day should've been simple. She was in her online account and it looked like her payment hadn't posted yet. This caused a bit of panic because there was a billing snafu over the summer in which it was completely our fault that we didn't bill her but then the system late fee'ed her and she couldn't get through to tell us. (Our hold times are *always* atrocious because our billing and communication are that bad, honestly.) I let her know that it did post but my invoicing program will take a day or 2 to report to her online account. All was well.

We ended up talking for over an hour and while I feared I'd be dinged for talking about irrelevant things, I did anyway because I was the only one in the office on the phone and no one was on hold, and she needed to vent about her frustrations with us and because she's just a really cool person.

Well, I don't care because at the end I gave her some more tools to get ahold of us and she said I had completely turned her attitude toward the company to positive from negative. She was determined to have a way to express that to my manager who had left for the day. She would do the survey, but she wanted to tell someone. I left a note with the customer's email for my boss.

I cried when I got to my car because I'm never looking for praise but simply see the people behind the accounts and it was so sweet how appreciative she was. It melted me. After all the abuse I suffered in retail I am so touched by the customers I deal with now. I really do love them, even the angry ones. I like being their port in the storm.

My friends and mom were right when they said I should take this job.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Doesn't it make you feel great when a customer tells you something like that? It can make your whole day so much better!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Definitely one for the win column.

I get that stuff lot more where I work now but in the past, stories like this were a rare occurrence.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
      X