This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job (pending police check, LOL)

So I went out for an interview today -- same type of job, cashier -- and unless something very peculiar indeed turns up on my police check, I start in three weeks at Big Name Grocery Store.

The ultimate irony? It's even FURTHER away from where I live. They asked a couple of times if that was an issue and I said (honestly) that it was not. It's all city driving -- no highway driving, which is the bane of my existence in winter -- so I have no problems at all, even when I'm coming in for a mere 4-hour shift.

They were also willing to let me give three weeks' notice instead of two because I told them I am off on an unpaid leave this week (which I had booked off some time ago) so we all felt it would not really be fair to march into The Clusterfuck today waving my two weeks' notice and cackling evilly.

I confess to being sad to leave The Clusterfuck mainly because I really like the majority of my coworkers. But I cannot stand the chaos and complete lack of communication and organization anymore.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Why do you keep doing this to me? You find these jobs that provide great sories, and then you leave them. And you won't take videos!

Seriously, good luck, congratulations and may all your posts be under Praising Customers (Yes. There is a section for that, and it has content! ).
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Why do you keep doing this to me? You find these jobs that provide great sories, and then you leave them. And you won't take videos!

Seriously, good luck, congratulations and may all your posts be under Praising Customers (Yes. There is a section for that, and it has content! ).
      I know, right?? THIS place would be a veritable goldmine of stories! Unfortunately my sanity can only take so much. If management would get their bloody act together, I'd be happy to stay on, but this is THE most incompetent management, bar none, that I've seen in 40 years of working.

I do know about the Praising Customers thread; I've put a couple of stories in there.

Thanks for the congrats and good wishes. And hey ... no workplace is perfect, or has perfect customers. I'm sure I'll have stories from the new place. Just not so many and probably not quite so epic!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Hooray and congratulations! May all your future stories be poking fun at humorous customers, with nothing actually annoying.

Comment

Thanks. It's a grocery store so I'm sure there'll be SCs but I'm hoping that there are few -- or no -- stories about grossly incompetent management. I'm hoping ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X