This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I sometimes talk about trying to get fired

but I'm only half serious about that. I'm sure I won't this time but I will probably have a black mark. I *think* I scheduled myself off today because I have jury duty this week. I would've done so to give myself one free day before I have to do that. I even emailed my boss on Friday as requested so that she'd see it and be reminded this week. Here's the problem: JD doesn't start tomorrow. It starts Wednesday. If I had my days mixed up since last month I would surely have scheduled today (Monday) off. If last month when I put this stuff in the system I knew it was Wed-Thurs I would've taken tomorrow off.

I have no way of knowing. I can't check my schedule remotely and when I emailed my boss just now I got an auto-reply that she's out of the office today. Oh, yeah....There's a call-in number but it's a voicemail system so I figure my email to my boss and text to one of my team leads will have to do.

So either I really am off today and will be at work tomorrow when I was supposed to be at the courthouse or I will get a NCNS today and be at work tomorrow when it's supposed to be my day off. I have done this one other time in the last year and a quarter and I didn't get disciplined for it. They just changed the dates in the system. However, if a NCNS has to be put it I will readily accept it. This is totally my fault.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Everyone's guilty of a brain burp now and again.

Nearly four years in a row I came in late on Daylight Savings Time. It happened often enough that I started mentioning it at job interviews when questions of attendance issues came up and usually the interviewer understood.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I clocked back in from a break six minutes early last week (I usually go on break on the half-hour, wound up going late because of an SC and forgot) nobody noticed or said anything. It happens.

We also only have one functioning time clock in the back of the store (right by the customer restrooms--who thought putting it there would be a good idea?), so typically there's a line and I've clocked in/out/for break a minute or so 'late'--usually because there's a shockingly high number of CWs who still don't know how to use it.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X