This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The water is off!!

We lost the water in the call center for about 4 hours yesterday. 200 plus people in here. You can guess how smelly the bathrooms got.

Of course management didn’t send us home they just brought in bottled water and told us to go to the Wendys next door if we really needed to use the bathroom.

"If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Ewwwwww. That shouldn’t be legal. You may be peons but you are also human beings.

Comment

This happened multiple times at the Call Center from Hell - they would provided bottled water and free sodas and brought in porta-pottys. However, we were NOT allowed to log off the phone to use the porta-pottys. Had to put phone on not ready and let the trip downstairs and outside ruin our service levels. This in turn affected weekly and monthly reviews.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

In some cities fast food joints have a customer's only policy to use the bathroom. If an entire call center's worth of people is coming in to use the bathroom and not buying anything, a restaurant might suddenly adopt such a policy. If there's no working bathrooms, OSHA might get a call, you know just to see if they're interested. "Hey we have no running water, and no bathroom facilities, is this okay?" Couldn't hurt. I know it was only for four hours but excuse me for expecting toilets to be available.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I use the bathroom multiple times a day. Big problem.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
            This happened multiple times at the Call Center from Hell - they would provided bottled water and free sodas and brought in porta-pottys. However, we were NOT allowed to log off the phone to use the porta-pottys. Had to put phone on not ready and let the trip downstairs and outside ruin our service levels. This in turn affected weekly and monthly reviews.
            Holy crap that’s insane but such is true at most call centers. At the first center I worked at we had to deduct any bathroom break time outside our break from our actual break. Take you 5 minutes to run to the bathroom and pee? Now you only got 10 minutes for your next break instead of 15. The center I am at now isn’t quite so rigid thank god.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Not too long ago my store was without water so we had to run to one of the fast food places nearby. Annoying sure, especially since that's one of our most asked questions. What was more annoying was the fact that the people who were working on the water for never turned it back on when they were done with what they were doing. I really hope someone got in trouble for that because that's just careless and stupid.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Bet management didn't even ask the managers at Wendy's if they could use the bathrooms. How long do you think it will be before management gets a royally pissed off call from Wendy's?
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Several years ago at my office we were having both water and sewage problems, not really a big deal for an office full of men and no women. That was except for one guy, he was in his early 70's and had prostrate problems and when he had to go he had to go right then. So he got to stay home and he was still paid for those days because it wasn't his fault and the powers that be wouldn't spring for a porta-john. He's since retired.
                  Now that we have a few women folk there both bathrooms being down isn't an option and they aren't real keen on using a bush in the nearby wood lot.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                  X