This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must acknowledge this security guard

According to one of my co-workers, there is a security guard who works at one of the buildings in the area where we work who will call your employer if you do not acknowledge him when he waves at you and says hi.

Turns out that this particular security guard waves at everyone who passes by him as well as saying hi to them.

So if you are wearing your company issued badge with you name on it, he sees that information, and you do not acknowledge him when he waves at you and says hi, he will call your employer and tell them what you did wrong.

I think he won't be working there for very long if this is a common occurrence.

Comment

Hells bells! Power trip much? Unless it's part of your job description, you shouldn't be reprimanded for not responding. It's polite, sure, but I'm sure sometimes people have a lot on their minds and just aren't thinking. Happens to me all the time, but I still say hi because it could make someone's day better.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

personally, I would file harassment charges. Stating that his constant insistence on being acknowledged makes me feel stalked. enough people do so, esp those of the opposite gender, and his own company will have to tell him to back the hell down.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          personally, I would file harassment charges. Stating that his constant insistence on being acknowledged makes me feel stalked. enough people do so, esp those of the opposite gender, and his own company will have to tell him to back the hell down.
          Not only that, but he then calls your employer; totally sounds like harassment to me.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I have to imagine that 9 out of 10 bosses are going to respond to that phone call with a "So?"

I'm a friendly sort, and would give back a cheerful "Backatcha!" - until I was being coerced to do so. This is akin to those custys who tell you to smile.

Comment

lawlz...

This has to be one of the most ridoooooculous things I've heard in my entire professional career. So... what if I don't say hi back? Am I a fuckin terriorst then? haha Being a supervisor that managed 37 people directly and a few others indirectly under the umbrella, I'd be pretty damn pissed if the security guard called me everytime one of them didn't say hi. Esp in a major city, in like a 20+ story building! Could you imagine all the people he'd have to call...? Idk about your area... but I can guarantee here most people won't be saying hi every day, they aren't that nice!

One has to wonder though, if he's making all these calls what's he securing? The demon in me would never say hi just to see who he'd call! haha

Comment

I wonder what he would do if you flipped him the bird?

Comment

Quoth mechanic1908 View Post
                  I wonder what he would do if you flipped him the bird?
                  He couldn't say you didn't acknowledge him, could he?
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                  X