This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so ready to quit

After this weekend at work, I am now actively looking for new work. My day on Saturday was as follows:
    At 7am I arrived at work, ready to start work. None of the preliminary sorting was done, despite the fact that it shouldn't take more than half an hour to get enough of it done to be able to start working... this is why I start half an hour later after the two sorters get thetr. They had been too busy looking up football scores to do their sorting. Whatever, this is a good excuse to catch up on reading the shift reports for the previous day.
    at 7:30 the two sorters decided that the best way to get motivated was a game of pool. I admit that I went along with them because, well why not, I wasn't going to get my work done anyway until they did theirs.
    at 7:45 got back to the office and they get back (tsk) to work... and they say "why the hell did you leave so much backlog?" Well that is simple, my position is gaming and compliance, and I will help with non gaming if I have time at the end of the day... I had so much compliance work to do that I didn't have time to do the non gaming work for the non gaming guy that he is never able to finish. Whatever though, I'll work on the backlog because I have nothing else to do until sorting gets done.
    at 8:30 he sorting finally gets done. So I start on the gaming audits (there is no compliance work on weekends) and get them finished fairly quickly. I had them done by 11.
    11am, I go to get the hotel audit and the non gaming guy just snaps at me "what the fuck do you think you are doing" um, grabbing an audit to do... I know how much he hates the hotel audit, so I thought I was doing him a favor. Oh, but he needs the practice... yeah, get your practice in on days that I don't have to listen to you bitch how hard it is. About this time our fourth audit comes in (he works part time on the count team and part time as a non gaming auditor) and he starts to work on the backlog. I start to work on the backlog also. I picked up the file for our gas station... within minutes I knew it was a bad one. We had a cashier who accepted a gift card from a competing gas station. Yeah, that was a horrible audit in general.
    at 11:30 the main non gaming guy starts bitching about how starved he was and we all just have to have lunch early. I point out that housekeeping is taking their lunch and the break room will be crazy busy. No, we have to go now. Fine, I start to go to the fridge to get my lunch, and immediately all three of them give me hell about how if I was a team player I'd buy lunch with them and I shouldnt besuch a cheap bastard. Whatever, I know my budget, they don't. Then we get to the break room, and what do you know, it is busy beyond belief. Firzt thing they say "why didn't you stop us" I tried to, not my fault they didn't listen.
    finally we get back from lunch, I get to work and everyone else went to the important task of having arubber bad fight and having debates about how hard one could hit a coworker in the nuts before they would be right to go to HR. Of course my answer is anyone touches my penis at work, no matter how hard, I am going to HR. They've already established that Saturday isn't a day to be productive... I just have images of one of these days turning into the episode of The Office where they talk about how they enjoy good natured jokes and you see the guy in the backgrou d getting stripped while everyone takes pictures... I mean if they already established that there are circumstances where you can get away with hitting someone in the nuts, that doesn't seem as far fetched anymore. And I know I'm no one's favorite, after all, they've all told me I need to stop making them all look so bad by working so hard (you know, actually doing my job)
    yeah, can't get out of there soon enough.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Huge bummer smiley. I thought you'd found a pretty good fit at last, but wow, what a bunch of irkers! On the brighter side, I've found that not being a favorite amongst a bunch of idjits is usually a pretty good sign that you're doing things right.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      On the brighter side, I've found that not being a favorite amongst a bunch of idjits is usually a pretty good sign that you're doing things right.
      Yeah, I think I know that already... just wish my manager would recognize that in more ways than to criticize me for letting them get away with it (yeah, what is my other choice, let the work not get done)... or go somewhere that will recognize it.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X