This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

I have no reason to even drive by there again. This last time, I didn't even get out of the car. Or slow down, really. But if there's any reason for the bank to go to the property again, we'll likely have the sheriffs do it. BM will probably want to go with, but hopefully the sheriffs will dissuade him. I'm definitely not going.

When I spoke with Ted last, he decided to put off the bids on the property. He's going to wait until BM gets back from vacation and discuss the next moves. Which will hopefully be getting the sheriff to deliver a letter saying the property belongs to the bank and squatters aren't welcome. If that doesn't scare them off, we'll have to go through the eviction process.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

While I was out on vacation last week, BM had a terrible time with the trailer. He went over with the local police. The current squatter (a young man) broke several windows while they attempted to remove him. He was eventually led away in handcuffs.

We took bids on the property and accepted one for about 2/3 of the amount the bank had written off on the loan. Our attorney is writing up a purchase agreement. BM asked him to write that the sale is "as-is" and that the bank isn't liable for any injuries sustained on the property, just in case the new owner steps on a needle or broken glass while cleaning the place out.

Hopefully this means this saga is nearing its end.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

I'm really happy that I'm NOT going to be part of the cleanup action. I've been part of a couple post-methhead cleanups already, and it is absolutely the opposite of fun. As to needles... make sure to look UP every now and then. (Yeah, no shit)

Getting off with anything but a complete loss, is a freaking win here. Get all the hazard waivers signed, grab the check, and run like buggery, is my advice.

Comment

It looks like we got all that done today.

The buyer brought us a cashier's check for the amount we agreed to, and Branch Manager signed a quit claim deed for the property. We'll have our attorney record the deed so we make sure it gets done. We agreed to pay for utilities through today, but after this it's the buyer's responsibility.

He said he took over 2700 pounds of garbage just off the front and back deck. He hasn't removed all the garbage from inside the trailer yet.

I'm sure everyone here at the bank is glad he took on that task and didn't insist we clean the property before he bought it.
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

2700 pounds off the decks? Impressive load considering what those are generally intended for, but ...kinda on the low end for some of the humanoid wrecks I've seen (and had to help shovel out). I'm sure you could be forgiven (and possibly joined) if you had done a few leaps, shouting "FREE! WHEEE!"

Comment

Ouch. And here I was complaining about pulling less than a dozen 13-gallon bags off my development's back path today.

The path isn't technically part of the development, but it's our shortcut to the local bus stop. It's been accumulating trash since at least July -- I've been occasionally pulling three bags at a time out of there for a few weeks, and the first couple of loads included the remains of fireworks. Today I figured snow will be coming soon, so I'd better do the last big pile... which turned out to be filling a hole! (And yeah, this would have gone better if I'd had the energy a few months ago before the leaves came down.)

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                Impressive load....[SNIP]
                That's what she said!

Comment

Working...
                X