Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I remember why I hate cashiering...

I might have to ask mom to forge me that doctor's note (BG: I'm too tall for the scanner/touchscreen; while the screen can be adjusted the scanner cannot and I'm still having to bend down and look up which is not a good combo for me...the job knows this).

I was thrown on Register 1 at 11AM to cover a break. It has been decreed that Reg 1 should never be closed down for anything. That register is cursed; the under-cart camera we have triggered on just people's feet (I had to manually clear that every time before I could actually continue with the transaction) and the touchscreen and scale both have issues; combined with my 'relearning' things (produce PLUs UUGGGGHHHHH)...I was a bit slower than I could have been. That "cover a break" turned into the rest of my shift (4+ hours)...and no I didn't actually get a break myself.

My bagger was a guy who has some challenges; he's an overall good guy, but not even remotely fast enough for the lines we had. He also cannot/does not want to follow basic instructions--more than once I had to leave the register to get bags or delivery slips myself...come to think of it, carrying that bale of bags is probably what set my back off (the most he did was move a shopping cart out of the way...that he moved back to block the hallway when I moved it out of the way to get to the bags). Anything I ask him to do he waits to wave a manager over and says "Dreamstalker told me she needs X".

Assorted SCs tried to blame me for the "long wait" and questioned my intelligence--and in one memorable case, my possession of physical ears. That woman mumbled with a mask on so couldn't be understood anyway, and kept putting random crap on the far end of belt with no indication that it was part of the same transaction, demanding that I use the pinpad for her (per policy, I cannot touch anything on the customer side), and just being an entitled git.

Another guy didn't know how to use his SNAP card and expected me to do everything...again (and even moreso now) I cannot physically touch anything on the customer side.

Mom pointed out that I'm far more effective on SCO; they had someone from the service desk running it and the woman had no idea what to do.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Yeah, the people that either mumble, or talk much too rapidly, while masked, interpret being told, "I didn't catch what you said" as "please take your mask off".
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    If you say "have a nice day", I can figure that out from context. If you say "My Windows 10 laptop is harboring myriad baby platypuses".....you need to speak slowly and enunciate.

Comment

Quoth Plague*Star View Post
      baby platypus
      Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That is adorable
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It's an adorable... rock. (with cheezy photoshopping) Real platypus babies are even cuter.

Comment

Well, yeah Still cute, tho ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X