This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
    Dear Lord, are people supposed to re-use Q-tips?
    Of course. That's why they have two ends.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
      Dear Lord, are people supposed to re-use Q-tips?
      Nope, they're supposed to replace the plastic tube with a cardboard one. The brand I use did that last year, and it can be a little annoying at times if the tube collapses, but on the other hand I don't have to find the heavier-duty scissors to cut off the cotton tips to recycle the tube.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Funny, the ones I use always had a paper "lollipop stick"
        My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Official Q-Tip brand has always had the paper rolled tube as the stick I think. It's only the cheaper no-name brands that went with the plastic tube, and those are the ones that are banned coming forward.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            I'll look into those, thanks!

I had this cookbook for several years many decades ago during a bout with cancer. It was great because among other things it included recipes for shakes and smoothy-type drinks that would give you pretty much a meal's worth of nutrients in a very small package. They were priceless for people who had little to no appetite.
            Interesting, unfortunately out of print ...

I did a fair amount of medsludge - 12 oz whole cow milk, 4 oz whole cow milk yogurt, 1 to 1.5 packets carnation instant breakfast, 1 tb ground flax seed meal, 2 tb ground oat flour and you can blenderize with or without ice, or use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes. 3 is pretty much all the nutrition most people need in a day, though by the end I was going through 4000 or so calories a day and still losing weight.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
              Official Q-Tip brand has always had the paper rolled tube as the stick I think. It's only the cheaper no-name brands that went with the plastic tube, and those are the ones that are banned coming forward.
              Brit here, we don't have Q-Tips. All the brands over here used plastic as a default, since it is more sturdy.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Well its Norfolk. They've just progressed to using the finger as a method of cleaning the ears....it's an advance from the carrot
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

Later I go and ask an even higher-up person about this. She says yes, in future, if something like that occurs again, I'm just to give it to them for the price they quote.

Me: "Um ... you does realize, right, that we're going to get scammed all over the place once the scammers realize this is happening?"

Higher-up person: "Oh yeah. I know it. But this is what corporate has ordered, so ..."

I shrug and say "Okay then" and walk away.

Now, there are SOME restrictions on this, which are up to the discretion of the cashier (thanks, corporate!) If the person says "Oh, I know the tag says $7.99 but it's actually $1!" -- at THAT point I get to call over a supervisor and let them sort it out (in other words, if the 'sale' price is truly ridiculous, then I don't have to automatically honour it. Otherwise, I do.)

And at some point I also have to call up the relevant department and tell them ... I dunno, that I've just sold some of their product for the wrong price because the customer insisted? I'll get that cleared up later on, but with Christmas coming on, I'm likely not going to have TIME to call people at the other end of the store (who will also be slammed with cranky customers) and explain the latest officially-sanctioned SNAFU.

We have recently adopted a similar policy at the Litter Box, so the front end supervisors have more leeway when it comes to pricing snafus . . . and yes, we also have some boundaries to that.

Otherwise, like you stated, the customers will take full advantage of it and get something for practically nothing.

We still have a rare one that tries to push that limit but thankfully it's not often enough. Our biggest issue is watching our reduced item labels and making sure they are scanning for the correct items - we've had customers banned from the store for switching out labels.

Yet we've got a new LP guy who has been cleaning house and we've lost a few cashiers . . . but that's another thread for another section.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We're all ears, DGC. I love hearing about enforcement clear outs
                    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X