This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work advice?

I haven't had good, steady work in a long time. At the end of 2018, I got a temp gig for an international company. They paid well, the office was pleasant, and I liked my manager and coworkers.

The job went on into the beginning of last year. A few months later, I was called in to do more work on the same project. Good pay, good coworkers, great manager.

That project ended, but the company does exactly the same kind of work in a different project. They keep advertising this job - the precise job that I'm trained in and know how to do. I don't even know how many times I've applied. I talked to my former manager and asked if he would put in a good word for me, which he did. I was then called for a phone interview, then for an in-person interview, then for another in-person interview. This was for a different job in the company than the one I did last year.

I didn't get the job I interviewed for, but they're STILL looking for people to do the work I did last year. And I'm still applying. Each time I apply, I get an automated email response from the guy in charge, with a link to an online test. Each time, I take the test. Each time, I heard nothing.

Would it be too much if I contacted this guy directly to let him know that I'm one of the people who worked on the other project last year? There was talk, at the beginning of last year, of giving me a regular job at the company. We were all ready to set up a Skype interview, and then - nothing. Radio silence.

I don't know what happened there, but they did bring me back for more work on that project, so clearly, they don't have a problem with the work I do. My manager said I was the fastest and the most efficient of the employees.

I don't want to contact that manager again, since he's already put in a good word for me; I don't want to bother him. The guy in charge of hiring, though - what do you think? Is it worth trying to contact him?

It might very well be -- Just be "I really don't wanna blow this" level of polite and tread carefully, is all I suppose the worst he can do is say "No" . . . Right? o_O;>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X