Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your donation is not in excellent condition...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun? Matchboxes? You were lucky. We had to live in a cave 600 feet underground! We we're thankful just to have enough bioluminescent fungus to be able to see where the chasms were!

Comment

You guys are making me miss my grandfather
      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

What I hated was when there was nothing to wear but nettle leaves.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What I hated most was when it was my turn being the dock leaf for the day....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            "But in my day suitcases didn't have wheels! It was made for holding clothes and it does that!"
            Actually, funny enough, when I moved interstate, I didn't have any furniture coming with me (since I was living with my parents at the time), just a hell of a lot of clothes and other personal items. Some items I'd already sent ahead with the SO, but the rest were placed into an old suitcase my mother gave me. Appropriately, it was the suitcase my mother had packed when she was about to go into hospital to have me

Well, because my dad had taken it into the airport for me, I hadn't realised that the suitcase in question didn't have wheels. This got discovered when my partner picked me up at the airport. Much grousing was had and we were both immensely grateful that a) the airport was on the same train line as our new home and b) we only lived about five minutes walk from the station in question. Unfortunately, said suitcase was packed to its absolute limit (with a few vaccuum sealed bags to help).

Said suitcase was among the first items to go out with the annual council cleanup (we didn't live near an op shop at the time) and my parents were VERY apologetic when they got told what had happened.

Comment

Should this thread be moved to "Bragging Base"?
              ... just asking for a friend ...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X