This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't she have told us she died?

Had a customer today tell me how sorry she was to hear about the coworker that passed away... A little while later, the woman was waiting for a photo order and brought it up again. She gave some details that did describe a coworker but she worked this morning and she seemed pretty alive for a ghost.

The woman got embarrassed and said not to say anything. Sorry, lady this story is just too good not to pass along. I'll also be sure to let my ghost worker know about her situation.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    Had a customer today tell me how sorry she was to hear about the coworker that passed away... A little while later, the woman was waiting for a photo order and brought it up again. She gave some details that did describe a coworker but she worked this morning and she seemed pretty alive for a ghost.

The woman got embarrassed and said not to say anything. Sorry, lady this story is just too good not to pass along. I'll also be sure to let my ghost worker know about her situation.
    Wow. That's a seriously strong work ethic! You'd think that someone would finally retire after they died.

Comment

The funny part is, this coworker might come in to finish stuff because she's a hard worker. But yeah, I doubt anybody likes their job enough to come in after they die.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
        The funny part is, this coworker might come in to finish stuff because she's a hard worker. But yeah, I doubt anybody likes their job enough to come in after they die.
        Well, if it's a dead end job they might.

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
          Wow. That's a seriously strong work ethic! You'd think that someone would finally retire after they died.
          Pff. As if your average retail manager would accept some petty excuse like that for not showing up on time.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Pff. As if your average retail manager would accept some petty excuse like that for not showing up on time.
            Yeah, so many retail managers would show up to the funeral, pounding the casket and sobbing, "How could you do this to us? We're so short-staffed today!"
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Yeah, so many retail managers would show up to the funeral, pounding the casket and sobbing, "How could you do this to us? We're so short-staffed today!"
              Hell, some are so vindictive, that they will send a Necromancer to you, and then charge you and/or your family for it.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                Hell, some are so vindictive, that they will send a Necromancer to you, and then charge you and/or your family for it.
                Oh, dear Gord, imagine if the cheap-ass retail industry DID have access to Necromancy. They'd never pay anyone again! ("Hey now, labor laws only apply to the living! Besides, you've only been on for 72 hours straight! Get back to work! . . . Hey you! I told you to face those shelves! I don't care if your arm fell off, use it to grab the stock off of the top! And no more eating customers! It makes our insurance rates go up!")
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

These comments are cracking me up! I broke the news to my coworker today about her passing. She took it well. Everyone got a chuckle out of it including my store manager. I told my coworker the woman's name and she knew who it was. She said the woman was a bit of a flake. Somewhere along the line the communication got messed up. At least this gave us a good laugh.

Comment

"I'm not dead!"

Comment

Working...
                    X