This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Karens for the price of one

Last night was the first time I've had a real Karen experience since the whole phenomenon started. And dear God, I think it left some scars.

These two witches come up with a cart full of toilet paper and some other stuff. We took off the restrictions on everything a few weeks ago so people are free to buy. I ring up her first order and then we play coupon poker because she "has a coupon" on her phone. And that's when the Gates of Hell opened. She gets super snotty with me and then I involved the manager.

Manager says she needs to call our rewards programs to get this straightened out. And there begins the odyssey. Our rewards system is screwy, people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it. One coworker had 5 accounts and didn't know it. So manager is on the line with ya know the people who have all this information in front of them and was arguing with every point.

Then I ring up the other one who is doing the same thing. Of course her offer didn't work but for a small moment I was thinking she wasn't as bad as the first one. The evil comes later.

Manager is on the phone with the rewards program trying to get some sort of resolution so these two harpies leave the store on their brooms to spread their vileness somewhere else. Meanwhile I'm ringing other nice customers up because it's 5 pm and we are slammed. It's just the manager and I on duty for now because we had a call off and nobody comes in until 6. And actually it's just me. Thankfully, I'm a highly trained professional and a seasoned retail veteran so I got this!

The Karens are claiming there's a coupon that's supposed to print with a correct combination of dollar amount or items. Blonde Karen kept changing her story. Brunette Karen just seemed to following Blonde Karen's lead but was still just as vile.

After an hour of this nonsense and an hour of their wasted time (ours wasn't wasted because we were there anyway) they finally go on their evil way all the while mumbling garbage.

In the end Blonde Karen (Ashlee) got 5000 points out of pity for the poor manager and still walked away with a hand of unused coupons. Brunette Karen (Erica) walked away with 2000 points probably also pity points and also a handful of unused coupons. Later on the manager said the rewards lady commented on how they were acting because she heard them talking. They couldn't produce any evidence of this mystical $5 coupon offer. Perhaps it was only for the eyes of these special unicorns. Or because it didn't exist.

The real hero of this story though is Darlene. Who is Darlene? Well, she's the sweet lady that just needed a few things but wasn't able to shop in the store because she's in a wheelchair and just wanted to know if someone could bring it out to her car when she came to get some prescriptions (we have a curbside service). She patiently waited in her car while the manager gathered her order and brought it out. No screaming. No whining. No threats of getting anyone fired. Just a sweet lady who understood we got busy (BY EVIL).

A special Karen Dishonorable Mention for the girl who insists on using our curbside pickup for her photo orders tying up our pharmacy drive thru. My company's definitely got some work to do on that program.

Thankfully, the rest of the night went by relatively quiet. The store manager wanted some of daily stuff done that usually gets overlooked since we get our truck today. Not sure how good of a job I did but at least I tried.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

It's just not worth my time to make a stink over coupons or return policies because I'm gainfully employed and have a household to run. Sometimes I wonder if most Karens are just truly bored women with nothing to do but go to Target or wherever and make the employees miserable.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      go to Target or wherever and make the employees miserable.
      There are people who expressly enjoy doing this.

Comment

Everyone needs a hobby! I guess I should feel lucky she didn't video her horrible treatment by those evil employees.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
        X