This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential adult temper tantrum?

We have a guest at one of our properties who is bent out of shape over the fact that she couldn't get the room that she really wanted because we had to move her due to a production company renting out two floors of the building. She was contacted about the move and was given the option to accept the move to the other room that was available (and a free upgrade), move the reservation to one of our other properties, or to cancel.

She opted to move to the other room that was available. But now she's spinning some sort of story that I believe is an attempt to get her stay comped.

First she said that the room she was offered wasn't the one she's now in - but that room she says she was supposed to be moved to has been booked by the current occupants since February 2020, and wouldn't have shown up as even being available to her when we had to move her, and the other rooms were also booked before she contacted us...so the only room that was available for her to be moved to is the one she is in.

Then she said that she was supposed to be put into a room that was directly beside friends of hers who are also staying there. Kinda hard to do that when the rooms on either side of her friends were booked months in advance, prior to her even making a reservation with us. Oh, and the room she says she was originally in would have been two floors above her friends' room...so...yeah.

Then she was upset that it didn't have it's own separate entrance - she was advised that the entrance she would be using would not be used by another other rooms on that floor as they had doors leading directly outside.

The last conversation I had with her saw her complaining about the fireplace not working properly, although the housekeeper had everything turned on before the guest even arrived today and the fireplace was working just fine then, and apparently the bed is 'old and coily' and it doesn't look like there is any sort of mattress pad on the bed. The mattress was replaced a year ago and was in great shape the last time I checked a month ago.

The room she had originally reserved also wasn't the stupidly low price she tried to say it was because it's one of the fancier and largest rooms at that properly, but it doesn't have anything like a kitchen or separate entrance...although she claims that's what she wanted. Umm...

She wanted me to give her the manager's phone number but that wasn't going to happen in a million years. So I passed on the various complaints and documented them all in the reservation notes. I told the manager that it is my gut feeling that this person is 1) bent out of shape over not being able to get their originally requested room, and 2) looking to get her entire stay comped. But her options are going to be to stay put and accept a small discount on the room, move to the main property where I have one room available, or tell her she can leave and I'll refund the entire amount...and then go over to the property to ensure she's actually gone.

This may be an interesting night...I'm waiting for the adult temper tantrum to start any moment -_-
    Last edited by KuariKaydrith; 10-17-2020, 09:02 PM.

Been there, Done that. May the Gods and Goddesses bless and protect you. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X