X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

Quoth csquared View Post
    ETA: 66% of the advertisers found it profitable, proving that not ALL Groupon users are SCs.
    While I can see how something like GroupOn will attract SCs to the deals, of the 34% of advertisers have rejected it I bet 50% of them have problems with their managers not sticking to the FIXED terms of the deal and giving away free stuff/extras to the SCs.

I went to the GroupOn website and there can be no margin of profit on those deals at-all.

And just the wasted time needed to repeatly tell a SC 'NO!' (alot of times we know) will cost some companies too much.
    Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 03-22-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      While I can see how something like GroupOn will attract SCs to the deals, of the 34% of advertisers have rejected it I bet 50% of them have problems with their managers not sticking to the FIXED terms of the deal and giving away free stuff/extras to the SCs.

I went to the GroupOn website and there can be no margin of profit on those deals at-all.

And just the wasted time needed to repeatly tell a SC 'NO!' (alot of times we know) will cost some companies too much.
      This is largely why I agree with the OP. Not because the people who use it suck by definition, but because it sounds like something my company would brainlessly rush to implementation without considering all the ways the users who are SCs would abuse it.

We can't even do our own loyalty coupons without some kind of Charlie Foxtrot happening. We've got people who get two, three, even four uses out of a coupon by returning items on a purchase they used the coupon for, and then demanding the coupon back because now their purchase is below the amount needed to use the coupon. We always give it back because we're not going to argue with a customer over $10, or have them decide to cancel their loyalty account which would hurt our numbers.

Plus there's the fact that those coupons don't go out to everybody to used to, but corporate and/or management didn't see it fit to actually tell anybody this, so cashiers would see people buying lots of stuff and pulling out their loyalty cards, and ask them if they wanted to use a coupon they didn't get in their ad circular, because they are supposed to be pitching the loyalty card at every transaction.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

Yeah, there's not much profit, the idea really is to drum up business for the advertiser, which sometimes back fires.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Since the things are essentially gift certificates, doesn't the business get the money once they're sold, so people who never show up end up making a donation to the company?

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have no idea what Groupon is. Either way, the OP said "Groupon customers suck" not "ALL Groupon customers suck" . If we are going to be defensive about it, I suggest we change the name of the site to "Some Customers Suck" as we are all customers at some point.
            Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
            X