Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Groupon sucks
Old 03-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Bagger

Default Groupon sucks

Pray to the deity of your choice that your company never jumps on the Groupon bandwagon:
1. Groupon customers (GCs) cannot comprehend your company's terms and conditions, and will complain vociferously on every form of social media until their expectations of entitlement are met.
2. GCs know more about whatever your company provides than you do. After all, they can use a computer.
3. GCs are incapable of following simple instructions, such as those contained in the email Groupon sends regarding how to locate the coupon code.
4. GCs are rude, smarmy, obnoxious morons who just want freebies. Any excuse will be used, no holds barred.
Hope this never happens to you...

Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

No worries. I use LivingSocial ...but that's because I've yet to get anything I really want from the Groupon emails. They're worth reading just for the "cat's commentary" at the bottom ^_^

Then again, I DO know how to use the damn things. I always present them to the server up front, as I'm ordering (if a restaurant) or make a beeline for the CS desk (elsewhere).

They don't seem to complicated to me
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Free roaming pony

Not all of us are, i use mostly restaurant ones, i love $10 for $20 food. Once had an Ace Hardware one, but couldn't find more than $17 that i wanted that day, but that was fine with me, it was still more than i paid. I loves me some Groupons.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Bagger

Only Groupon I've used was when Sock Dreams was offering $30 of product for $15. Bought three of those suckers! :-). Yes, I had to use them on separate visits, and yes I had to actually go on different days to meet the "1 per customer per visit" limitation. Since I had a 6 month window and would probably have gone that often anyway, it wasn't any hardship.

Yes, I ended up with over $100 worth of socks! :-). Hmmm, it may be time for another visit...

Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
The New Office Slave

Quote:
Quoth Javarod View Post
Not all of us are, i use mostly restaurant ones, i love $10 for $20 food. Once had an Ace Hardware one, but couldn't find more than $17 that i wanted that day, but that was fine with me, it was still more than i paid. I loves me some Groupons.
Gonna have to +1 this. Not all of the Groupon users are sucky and not fair to group everyone who uses the service as sucky.

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 PM
High Priest to Grog-Boozith

Vaguely related, but amusing. This happened some time this last week.

CUSTOMER: "We have coupons!"
JESTER: "Of course you do."
MANAGER:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
Still A Customer."

Old 03-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Loanshark IT

Rice University study showed 32% of SMBs would not use Groupon again. One of the main reasons... Sucky Customers.

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/...te-not-so-hot/

Quote:
“Because the Groupon customer base is made up of deal-seekers and bargain shoppers, they might not tip as well as an average customer or be willing to purchase beyond the deal,” said Utpal Dholakia, author of the study and associate professor of marketing at the Jones School. “So employees need to be prepared for this type of customer and the sheer volume of customers that might come through.”
ETA: 66% of the advertisers found it profitable, proving that not ALL Groupon users are SCs.

Last edited by csquared; 03-21-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: ETA

Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Balloon Whisperer

Quote:
Quoth Javarod View Post
Quote:
Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
Gonna have to +1 this. Not all of the Groupon users are sucky and not fair to group everyone who uses the service as sucky.
Make that +2. I get the "Deal of the Day" everyday, but it's not always something I want. One got me a great bargain on RailRunner tickets (Woo-hoo, day trip to Santa Fe!). The one I just got is $15 for $30 worth (which I'll probably wind up spending more) of food from Los Poblanos Organics (a local farm) that I have until September to use.

Last edited by Dave1982; 03-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
―\_(ツ)_/―

I certainly wouldn't say all Groupon customers are SCs (and I don't really have a great idea of what Groupon is anyhow), but there may be enough of them who are that sour people like the OP on the concept.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Front End Supervisor

What's groupon??
Closed Thread