Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme yer gold and you get the plunger!

Had a woman called tonight about 10:30 asking if we sold plungers. A kid threw something down the toilet and she didn't know how to fix it (her words). We do and she was very happy with this.

About 15 minutes later, I see a woman walking around with a plunger and the infamous cat-butt face. I ring her up and she kept going on how it's highway robbery concerning the price of the plunger. I just kind of shrugged because, well I don't care.

Our prices are on the higher side but this was a name brand deluxe plunger and it was 10 bucks. I don't know where she was coming from but within a couple of miles of my store there are other choices including a Walmart.

Maybe she should buy stuff to keep her kids occupied so they don't play Will It Flush?!? on Sunday night. And yes, I do know that no matter what kids will still do stuff like that.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Funny thing

If the object is the wrong size and shape it will jam in the curve of the toilet and no amount of use of the plunder will take it out.

In which case she can try rolling up a sleeve and try to pull it out herself, or hire a plumper to come and clear the blockage - then she will see what high prices mean.

Comment

Solving a problem for $10 is a pretty good deal. I wouldn't have any idea what name brands plungers are sold under, but the homeowner in me whispers that the cheapest tool may not be the best one for the job.

I'm going to speculate that given her mood, she will end up plunging wrong (it makes a difference) and will end up calling the plumber anyway.

Comment

Best is the object is wedged and has corners that water can flow around it and no amount of pumping will get it out.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          Best is the object is wedged and has corners that water can flow around it and no amount of pumping will get it out.
          How is that best? The stuff that isn't water won't flow around it and will create a bigger blockage.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That after bitching about the $$ it most likely not fix the org issue.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Yeah, I thought of that later on. Depending on what is stuck in the toilet the plunger may not be the smartest way to deal with it. But if it does cause her bigger problems, oh well. Hopefully it doesn't cause any trouble for the neighbors.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

When she was about 3 or so, youngest child somehow pulled half the toilet paper holder off the bracket and threw it in the toilet. It was so wedged in it wasn't possible to pull it out. The plumber picked the toilet up and rotated it until the damned holder half fell back out again. I think the most expensive part of the bill was the new wax seal between the toilet and the pipe in the floor. Holy moly.
                Last edited by Minflick; 03-20-2018, 10:15 PM. Reason: Some Very Important Letters were left out.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                  When she was about 3 or so, youngest child somehow pulled half the toilet paper holder off the bracket and threw it in the toilet. It was so wedged in it wasn't possible to pull it out. The plumber picked the toilet up and rotated it until the damned holder half fell back out again. I think the most expensive part of the bill was the new wax seal between the toilet and the pipe in the floor. Holy moly.
                  Those wax seals are less than $5 each.
                  Way back in the olden days before disposable diapers all there was, was cloth or nothing. My Mom managed to flush one of my brother's diapers and it stuck in the trap and nothing would budge it past. Dad was deployed on a ship so she just stuck her hand down the toilet and was able to get a few fingers on it and pulled it out. All the while I was doing the pee-pee dance. I gave up and hosed down one of trees in the back yard.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                  X