Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nana had a commode chair. Not a thing of beauty, but it sure made life easier for her and for her caretaker!

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
      I dunno where one even GETS a smoking jacket around here...
      Got a jacket and some matches???
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        Got a jacket and some matches???

Considering that there's a thread here about the fact that we got evac'd several times in the space of about 3 months....

Comment

This just proved that I can be sliiiightly immature today.

Was helping prepare some resources for a class that afternoon on giving a handover to another team (eg some of our staff acted as the team in question eg a patient needed to be handed over from the pre-operative staff to the OR staff). Part of the session involved the student being assigned a patient, then partway through their session being given a card with a scenario written on it that was relevant to the mock patient. (for example, one of our "patients" was being prepped for surgery and the scenario was that he was to be handed over to the theatre nurse)

Two such scenarios had phrasing that made me giggle slightly. (Bolding mine)

Patient is currently having a hot steamy shower....
          (No idea why the word "steamy" had to be in there!)

[B]Patient says that she feels SOB.
          I actually had to ask the educator who wrote that scenario what the second one meant in context, while the other educator and I both cracked up

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
            Patient says that she feels SOB.
            S*** out of Bran?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              S*** out of Bran?
              Shortness of breath in this instance.

Comment

Re: the thread title--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6-UftBHk9A
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

When I was in the Army Reserves, during Combat Lifesaver (advanced first aid) I volunteered to let my Chaplin put a nasal-pharyngeal airway (a tube it the nose).

What I "neglected" to mention to my young, naive, Lieutenant was that the trainer had a strict rule about "doing onto others, officers included". Oh the look on his face was priceless. Well worth having a tube placed in my nose and down the throat.
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I followed your link and I'm pretty sure Bob is the same model we used in my nursing assistant classes! There were two - one that we kept the male bits on and one that had the female bits. We had to bathe, dress, re-position, and feed them. We also used to do "elopement drills" where the instructor would hide the dummy somewhere on campus and we had to go find it in less than 15 minutes (if someone is missing from a facility longer than that, you have to notify law enforcement). It was sitting in the director's office doing an interview once, and another time in the Esthetician classroom getting a facial.

Good times.

Comment

Who was it getting the facial from?.... lucky dummy
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

So guess who had to buy Bob a new pair of pyjamas today?

His pants were LONG gone, but we had to move him today. So we moved him, with the plan to cover him with the sheet from the waist down. The chair also happened to be positioned in the worst possible spot - directly opposite from the door. Unfortunately one of our (very male) lecturers walked into the room while one of the educators was getting the sheet and got a good eyeful of plastic penis. His response was to yell out (jokingly) "Get a sheet for that poor man!" At that point, my hand was on the dummy's thigh (I hadn't realised), which he noticed and pointed out very quickly. My response was to quickly remove the hand, facepalm and then blush like crazy , while everyone else was cracking up .

Once he left, I made the decision that Bob needed some underwear and pyjamas. $14 later at Kmart and he now has a brand-spanking new pair of PJ's and underwear

(And the underwear is to ensure his dignity, but also to serve a far more practical purpose - I've mentioned that his penis has a tendency to come loose. The underwear will also keep it in place, because the alternative was to try and visit a sex shop and I did NOT want to have to explain to the person behind the counter why I was buying a strap-on harness for a nursing mannequin, nor did I fancy needing to justify to our accounts department why I'm claiming a reimbursement from a sex shop!)
                        Last edited by LadyofArc; 05-21-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

All these ladies manhandling him, and you won't get him a smoking jacket.

Boxers or briefs?
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

Boxers or briefs?
                            Trunks actually, since it was the cheapest underwear I could buy individually

Comment

So Bob now has a companion!

This one actually comes with interchangeable genitalia and a wig to turn it from male to female.
                              We're going to hold a naming competition for them, but for now I'll call them "Victor." (as in Victor/Victoria )

One of my coworkers thought that the fact that it had interchangeable genitalia was hilarious and decided to parade the penis through the office as evidence that the new dummy arrived.

Comment

Gene/Jean.
                                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                                Save the Ales!
                                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X