This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good and Bad Kitty Mews . . .

It's been quite a summer and I just found some time to sit down and type it all up concerning the kitties.

We've lost several this summer to cars . . . starting with Gidget back in May. Just a few days before what would have been her 4th birthday, a car got her on a Saturday morning.

Not a week later, we lost Smokey (our dark gray w/crooked tail), who was one of Gidget's older kittens.

Then it started downhill from there . . . Chloe and Maxine (both of Penelope's daughters) were taken from us with a couple of days of each other.

Then we lost Trudy Katt (who was from Gidget's last litter) and Hank (Trudy's brother.)

Buttercup (Pen's last kitten) has disappeared about 2 weeks ago . . . we're suspecting he's met some grisly fate as well . . .

But there is some good news . . . we found a couple of tiny kittens (barely 6 weeks old) sitting on our front steps (we've had a small black/grayish tabby that's been coming for food and she's been recently nursing babies judging from her belly hanging down) so we have taken these two in.

One of the kittens is a tortoise shell calico, the other is a black/white tabby with white underneath and white paws/feet.

Meet Cricket and Maxi . . .
    Attached Files
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

No offense but your cats should absolutely be indoor cats if traffic in the area is that dangerous. Even if it's not cats should be indoors anyhow. I know that can be difficult with some cats ( especially if they were strays or outdoor cats prior to you adopting them ) but given the alternative.

Even around where I live which is really quiet in terms of traffic one of the little strays I'd been trying to catch got hit and killed. I'd spent weeks sitting out at 2-3am last winter ( only time he would come around ) feeding him and getting him use to me so I could catch him. Then someone ran him over one morning when I was *this* close to getting him into a cat trap.

Wasn't even my cat so to speak but it was still heartbreaking and I don't know why anyone would run that risk of an outdoor cat these days if they could avoid it.

My house gremlin is 100% indoors.

Comment

Those are so adorable!
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Gravekeeper! Nice to see you again!

My current cats are indoors-only but since I live on the 14th floor of an apartment building, there aren't a whole lot of options ...

The last indoor-outdoor cat I had (MANY decades ago) had a tendency to sit in the middle of the residential road and glare at oncoming traffic. Kudos to all the drivers who drove around her, or got out and chased her off the road ...

Thankfully it was a residential road, so traffic wasn't as bad (or as fast) as it could have been.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
          Gravekeeper! Nice to see you again!
          o/
          I am effectively retired due to the health problems from my former job so most of my ranting these days is just at the world in general. Which is off topic for this forum. -.-

And while I still have all my work emails going back years I wouldn't even know where to begin figuring out what I did and didn't post. My company is long gone now and thus my NDAs with it.

Comment

Working...
          X