Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 06-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Asura Mesmer

The trailer is currently attached to the ground and deck, so it would be a process to get it removed. And yeah, it's possible she's been cooking meth in there, so that will be an issue once we get her out. But BM heard today that we still can't start eviction because of the various moratoriums placed on evictions and foreclosures. We're still in a waiting game, it seems. It's really frustrating.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Think of this as a rehearsal for Betty--you know is a question of when not whether you'll be foreclosing and evicting her.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 10-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Asura Mesmer

Good news, everyone! The Squatter has found another place to live! She called me out of the blue today and said she'll be out by November 8. She agreed to drop off keys (I'm sure we'll change locks immediately anyway) and clean up the place. She even gave me a phone number to reach her at. Will wonders never cease!

Old 10-09-2020, 12:47 AM
Tarot-carrying novelist.

That should be wonderful. Why do I have the feeling that this isn't quite?

Old 10-09-2020, 12:47 AM
Loanshark IT

Good luck with that. Hopefully you won't have to hire a hazmat crew to tear it down.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:57 AM
Cashier

That's 30 days from now. Lots of time for things to go south.

I wish you all the best, Ghel.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Asura Mesmer

Yeah, a lot of things could go wrong in the next month. The trailer could be anywhere in the range from sparkly clean (ha ha not likely) to completely trashed with windows broken, dog poo ground into the carpet, etc. I'm going to heavily suggest that we get the trailer inspected for meth production.

I'm hopeful things will go towards the nice side, but we'll prepare for the worse side.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:00 PM
Asura Mesmer

Upper management keeps asking for updates about the Squatter, much as they do about Brandy's loan. BM asked me to look into turning off the utilities, especially after we got a bill from the township for over $500 in past due utilities.

So I called the township today. I learned that the water has already been turned off for over a year. The Squatter has been getting water from the cemetery a block away. They can't turn off the sewer (nor would we want them to if that was an option ). That charge will continue to accrue, and that's what the majority of the $500 bill was for. Electricity is through the electric company, but they said that's been shut off for months, too. The Squatter was running a generator in the garage.

That's ... something. I left the Squatter a voicemail. I was expecting to inform her that the bank was looking into shutting off the utilities, but I guess we don't have that to threaten her with.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Store Manager

Just be glad that the very nature of 'modern' sewer systems don't really allow for putting in shutoff valves. (Really bad things happen with loose bits, or allowing things to hang up in pipes. Valves pretty much are a guarantee for both things to happen)

With the generator... yonder Squatter is paying more to keep that going than paying the electric company. (well, before they got upset about not getting paid, and tacked on fees) Of course, as seen with 'Brandy', the ability to save up money enough to pay bills... 'huh, what?' Meth (and other assorted party chems) does great things for keeping the neurons firing, but sadly, does not actually enhance any coherent thought or ability to plan. The gas for the generator will happen any time there's money in pocket. If something breaks in the generator... Well, she'll come up with some idea.

As with Brandy, I wouldn't place any bets on the legality of where the generator came from.

Old 10-24-2020, 12:04 AM
Ummm, you know

Quote:
Quoth Ghel View Post
They can't turn off the sewer (nor would we want them to if that was an option ). That charge will continue to accrue, and that's what the majority of the $500 bill was for.
That sounds weird to me. Sewer charge is usually based on water consumption. No water usage => no sewage charge.