This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Entitlement Dimwit: Mama's Boy From Hell By Myra

Okay had to dig out some old emails I'd sent to the boss to remember all of what happened. I couldn't find any of the old boards cached anywhere, because the majority of my posts are on the last board we had, before the hack here a week or so ago. If anything's out of order, I apologize; I'm going by memory and the emails I did actually save regarding this kid. If anyone has access to cached pages of our old sites, toss me a PM!

So anyway, here goes.

In the beginning...(heh)...a nice mother came in, explaining that her son had wanted a Yellow Box Company phone for some time, so she was going to get him one. Aw, that's nice, right? She selects the cheapest phone, for $25, and a plan, and signs up, pays her deposit, and all is right with the world. Yeah, all demonic tales have innocent beginnings, I think.

Some time later, the son, henceforth known Dimwit calls me claiming his battery to be bad. It happens from time to time, so I tell him to bring the phone in, and we'll swap the battery. He and his mother show up, and he does the battery exchange, AND wants the phone in his name. I explain that I'm not able to do that, but customer care can. His mom just has to call and give his information, and they'll set up an account in his name. He may have a deposit, but once it's paid and everything's set up, they just switch it over to his name and shut off her account. Everything takes about a week.

"That's way too long, and too hard," he declares, and then asks can his mom just call and cancel her account, then I set up one here in his name? I say yeah probably, as long as it's cleared quickly so I can use the phone. If it doesn't clear, it'll probably still take a week. I say several times there's no guarantee that way will be any quicker. Dimwit waves me off, and then tells me to let his mom use my phone to cancel the account. I bristle at this, but let her use the phone. She cancels, we set him up, he doesn't thank me, but she does, and they leave.

A week or so later, he phones and wants to exchange the phone his mother got him because, "it's crap" and he wants a cooler one. I tell him hold on, I have to check and see when it was bought. "Oh no, I signed up just last week, so I have 14 days." I explain that yes, he has 14 days for his CONTRACT, but the phone is 14 days from PURCHASE. "Oh, okay." He says. I look him up. The next day is day # 14, so I say if he wants it exchanged, he'd better bring everything in TOMORROW or no dice. He says okay, then says "It doesn't have the manual with it, I trust that won't be a problem?" I tell him no, there will just be a $25 restocking fee. He blows up. Convo may not be verbatim, but it's as close as I can remember it.

Dimwit: "There was NEVER a manual with it. YOU didn't give us one."
    Me: "Yes I did. It was in the box."
    Dimwit: "How would you know?"
    Me: "When I put the phone together to test it, I had to have the battery. The battery is always UNDER the manuals that come with the phone. Therefore, I had to move them to get to said battery. They were there, your mom took them home with her."
    Dimwit: "Well, she gave me EVERYTHING you gave HER and there were NO manuals."
    Me: "She might've lost them, but they were there when she left my store. Therefore, I'll have to charge the restocking fee, since I'll have to sell that phone back out at a loss."
    Dimwit: "There were NO manuals with that phone. I'm TELLING you."
    Me: "Sir, I'm telling YOU. There WERE. I cannot get around this fee."

So anyway, he decides he's gonna look for the manuals, and he'll be in the next day. He shows up, with his mother, and with the phone in the box. As I open it and I'm looking through things, I realize the manual is indeed there. I say "Oh you found the manual." He looks at me oddly and says "No I didn't..." So I hold up the small book with the large lettering that reads "Users Guide i265." He looks at it and goes "Oh THAT'S the manual? I was looking for something that said 'manual' on it." Yeah, he's THAT dumb.

Next battle: We have a rule when taking back phones for refund or exchange, they MUST have LESS THAN 400 minutes on the life timer. More than 400 minutes, and Yellow Box Company considers the phone used, and I cannot sell it out as new again. Basically, I'd take a loss, as YBC would NOT reimburse me for a "used" phone. I pull up the life timer on his phone that he's had for two weeks, and there is 1,300 some-odd minutes on it. I mean, I know it's possible to talk 22 hours in two weeks, but I've never done it. Oh well. I explain how I cannot take the phone back, and all hell breaks loose. He didn't know about the policy, he doesn't care about us losing money, blah blah blah. I phone boss, who realizes that we should have the 400-minute rule printed on the receipt, which is TRUE. So he says to allow the exchange ONLY, no refunds, and I need to explain to Dimwit that whatever he gets today, he CANNOT return or exchange for ANY reason. He'd better like it. So I tell Dimwit this, and he's fine with it. He takes half an hour deciding, before selecting a flip phone. He pays the difference, and leaves. Boss changes wording on our receipts regarding the phone return policy.

OF COURSE that is not the end of it. It wouldn't be a War Story if it were! Dimwit calls, claiming this phone's battery is also acting bad. He shows up, talking about wanting a new one. I say I cannot do that; all I can do is a battery exchange. He takes the exchange, and leaves.

Some time later, he phones with some random, obscure, improvable issues with the phone. Meaning, he cannot prove these issues are happening with the phone, and I cannot prove they are not. Generally, this means he just wants a new phone. I say all I can do is a warranty exchange, but since I'm not a service center, it'd take a week to get the replacement handset to my store from the Boss' store in Kansas City. Dimwit asks how that would work. I tell him: for a $35 swap fee, we'll do the swap through us instead of having to wait on Motorola to send one from them. He pisses about the fee, and asks if it's a new phone. I say no, none of Motorola's warranty handsets are brand-new, but they are like new, refurbished phones. Even the ones that Motorola mails out. He throws a fit about paying $35 for "some broke phone." I say they are not broken, just have minutes on them. They look and act new otherwise. He still throws a fit, since he's only had the phone for "like a month" and it's just not fair. I asked if every customer is treated the same, how is that not fair? He ignores me and continues rant. I tell him I'll ask the Boss if he's willing to waive the fee, as he does that sometimes.

"Oh he'd better," Dimwit exclaims. "I haven't had this phone very long, and that would be the right thing for him to do."

Boss agrees to waive the fee. Next time I talk to Dimwit, he declares that he's calling Motorola because he thinks he deserves a free new phone. I say, "Whatever you want to do. My boss will waive the swap fee, so let me know so I can ask him about bringing one to my store next week, if you decide to go through us." Instead of thanking me for getting the fee waived, he goes "K" and hangs up. Without waiting for me to say good-bye or anything.

At this point, I have a fair amount of dislike for Dimwit. ALL phone calls end that way. If I'm lucky, he says something final, like "Okay" or "All right" before he slams down the phone. Usually after I answer his question, he just hangs up, like I'm not worthy of a "good-bye" or "thank you."

If anyone remembers, I have a friend with cerebral palsy, named Mark. He has a daygirl named Tiffany who comes in the mornings to take care of him. One day, she came in to look at my Yellow Box Company phones. She says her boyfriend's brother has one, and she liked it. I asked him if he got it here, and if he did, what his name was. She says Dimwit’s name. She catches my facial expression before I can hide it.

"Oh don't worry," she says, "the ENTIRE family hates him. He's rude, obnoxious, cruel, and he still lives with his mother, whom he treats like shit." I love it. She asks if he's been giving me shit about the phone. I say yes. She says he never charges it, and always has 3-hour conversations with people, then gets mad if the battery is even slightly off of "full." She suggested he charge the phone once in a while, but he blew up because apparently, these phones should last forever, even with his marathon phone conversations.

Oh this is great. I share my new information with Boss, who thinks it's freaking hilarious.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Anyways, he stops by one day with the phone and says the antenna bent itself (It's nearly in half. Just so you know, the antennas are retractable, so they don't do that by themselves, folks.) and the PTT (push-to-talk) button just "fell out." Also, he claims he drove to the Overland Park corporate store and THEY said his charging port of his battery is bad. I asked if they looked at the phone at all, and he said "That's what they said." I asked again, "Did they take it from your hands and hook it up to anything?" "Why do you wanna know?" I said I wanted to know if they had made a guess, or knew for sure. He changes the subject about how this new phone we gave him is broken, so he needs a new one. I explain that since there's a guarantee on service center stuff, the PTT button can be fixed for free, but the antenna is not covered since we don't cover human error, and that'll be $35. He of course claims the antenna "just did that" when he dropped it. Riiiiight. He leaves, and returns a few days later, asking again about me giving him a new phone. "The antenna has gotten worse, I need a new phone." He reasons. The antenna is indeed hanging by a thread at this point. Antennas are not attached to the phone, by the way. It screws out. I tell him I can fix that in two seconds, it'll be $35 before taxes.

After a short hissy fit, he asks about the buy-one-get-one-free deal we have running. I explain how on one of our phones, we have a BOGO deal available after a two-year contract, and a mail-in rebate. He asks if he can add two lines to his account to get that. (Which means he wants to do that deal, cancel one line so he can take the new phone on his "broken" phone's line, which is fraud, and it wouldn't work.) I look up his account anyway to humor him, and he was only approved for one line, the line he's got. He asks can he upgrade? I explain our upgrade system, and how he doesn't qualify for many months. He groans, then we have this exchange: (Again, as well as I remember)

Dimwit: "Call your boss, and figure out what deal you're gonna offer me on a phone."
    Me: "What deal? You don't qualify for any deals right now."
    Dimwit: "Well, my phone's broke, and I'm not paying full price for a new one."
    Me: "Well, we can do another warranty swap, but not sure if the boss will waive the fee this time. I'll have to ask."
    Dimwit: "Okay, I don't understand why you won't call your boss. He's gotta offer me SOMETHING on a new phone."
    Me: "This is how things work: when you sign a two-year contract, you're agreeing to hang around for two years, so they offer you a discount on the phone. In those two years, you're going to pay them back that difference. So therefore, Yellow Box Company reimburses us for the phones we sell at a discount. When I sell something outright, with NO contract, they do not reimburse me AT ALL. So if I sold you something outright for lower than the outright price, we'd be LOSING money. So my boss will not okay any deals in that regard."
    Dimwit: "He might."
    Me: "No, he won't."
    Dimwit: "Yeah he would. It's good business."
    Me: "How is it good business for him to lose money?"
    Dimwit: "I would be a loyal customer."
    Dimwit: "It really doesn't matter, considering whether you stick with Yellow Box Company for five years or five months, we'd still be out that money."
    Dimwit: "I find it hard to believe he'd be so broke if he did it this once."
    Me: "If he does it for YOU, he'd have to do it for everybody. So he makes it easy, and says no to everyone. Now I can call and see if he has any refurbs up in KC for sale..."
    Dimwit: "NO, I want a NEW phone."

So yeah. He finally gets it in his thick head that he's getting NO deals on a phone bought outright, and leaves. Of course, I email Boss with details regarding the latest escapade.

I get a phone call from Dimwit asking for Boss' cell number. I know it's him, and I give it to him, but before I can say "Good-bye, Dimwit’s Name" he hangs up on me of course. God forbid he say "thanks" or anything.

Shortly thereafter, I get a phone call from Boss wanting ALL information related to Dimwit- when the original phone was bought, when it was exchanged, when we did the warranty swap, etc. I gather all information and email to Boss.

I get a phone call sometime after that and Dimwit’s being all pleasant. He asks what my return policy on phones is. I say that his phone is NOT returnable. All we can do is swap it again. "I know," he says. "But if I DID buy a new one, what's the policy?" I explain: 14 days, less than 400 minutes on life timer, phone in good condition, and box with everything in it returned. He says "Hmm. No, that won't work." I say yes, I explained that to him.

"Oh no, that's not what I meant," he says. "I was talking to Motorola, and they'll fix my phone, but I have to send it to them, and I don't wanna e without a phone, so I was gonna buy one from you, then when I got mine back, I was gonna return the one I bought from you."

I am aghast. I say, "Uh, yeah that won't work. That's why we have that sort of return policy, to prevent that sort of fraud." Oh that makes him a little angry. But I wasn't lying!

"You wouldn't know that was what I was doing! You wouldn't have a choice but to take it back!" he declares.

"First of all, there is no law saying we have to accept ANY returns. We could be 'all sales final' and nobody could say a thing. Second of all, that is a hypothetical situation, considering that now I know what you were thinking of doing, if you came by wanting to do it, I'd have to okay the sale through my boss, and he may stipulate that your sale would be final. I cannot sell phones with minutes on them if I can help it. Customers don't like that."

Well, he didn't like me saying that, because he got all huffy and speechless. "Yeah...well...what's your boss' number?? We'll just SEE about this!"

"You called for it the other day. You lost it?" I say. He's amazed I recognized his voice that day, and says yes. So I give it to him again. Boss never hears from him that day.

One Thursday, Boss shows up with a warranty handset that is the same model as Dimwit’s. He says Dimwit wants to do another exchange, and he is waiving the fee again. I cannot BELIEVE my boss is doing this favor again. But he comes in, and while I'm doing the exchange, he is chatting it up with Boss about how cool his boss is at the car dealership, and how his boss got them all tickets to the ultimate fighters regional thing that past weekend. Then he started griping about how there was no blood, nobody using elbows, etc.

Now I'm an UFC buff, Husband and I watch the fights, and our best friend's cousin is an aspiring fighter, and had his debut fight that night. We knew the guys were NOT allowed to use elbows or knees, and if blood was drawn the fight ended. This was because the fighters were amateurs. It was league rules. Well, Dimwit is bitching, and I wait for polite places to jump in and say "You saw the fights here in town, right?" I say it; he pointedly looks at me, then turns around and keeps talking, ignoring me. Finally, I just yell over him and ask again. He says "Yeah." I explain how it was an amateur fight. He continues on about how he was glad he didn't pay for the tickets because it sucked, etc.

He gets his swap, thanks my boss, and leaves. I point out to Boss how much Dimwit seemed to love him. "Either it's because I'm a chick, or I'm the one always giving him the bad news" I joke. We laugh. Life goes on, we hope that's the end, but we should've known better.

I deal with a few random calls of him griping about things, and asking for phone numbers. Then another Thursday rolls around. Boss is up for his weekly visit, and is meeting with the yellow pages lady regarding our new listing. Office phone rings, I answer it, and it's Dimwit. He asks if Boss is there. I say yes, but he's in a meeting with someone, can I take a message? Dimwit says, "Oh I didn't need to talk to him, just wanted to see that he was there because he was bringing me a phone." I am perplexed, as Boss didn't bring any phone with him. I say, "Okay, let me check with him, just a moment." And put him on hold. I ask Boss "Did you bring Dimwit a new warranty handset?"

Boss looks at me goes and says "Oh shit, I forgot. It's a loaner we were gonna let him use while his phone is at Motorola. I ran out of the office so fast, it's still sitting on my desk. I'll call Paul [the Kansas City store manager where Boss' office is] and ask him to grab it and overnight it." So Boss jumps on his cell, and I take Dimwit off of hold and explain this to him. He gripes about how he's already sent his phone to Motorola, and now he has to go a day without it. I apologize, but he grumbles an "it's okay" and hangs up. Boss calls him later and apologizes himself.

Next day, he begins calling. And calling. And calling. Every half hour finally I said, "Hey, FedEx can get here ANYTIME between 10 AM and close. Can I just call you when it gets here?"

"No," he says. "I'll just call KC myself and see what's wrong. What's their number?"

I give him the number. AGAIN. At this point, I want to tattoo it to his face.

At this point, I'll copy/paste some of my post regarding last Saturday.

Note: WE DON'T HAVE LOANER PHONES. Boss was basically sacrificing a pretty phone used in warranty swaps for this kid as a favor. Boss does it ONCE IN A WHILE for customers, but he generally doesn't like doing it. I've only seen him do it two times: this time, and for one very grateful man. This kid, not so much.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Today is Saturday. Kid stomps into my office. Convo is best as I can remember:

Kid: "Call your boss. This is bullsh*t."
      Me: "Okay, before I disturb my boss on his day off, what is bulls*t?" I am smiling and polite, as always.
      Kid: *launches into tirade about the forgotten phone, and about how we didn't really send it and this and that.*
      Me: "As I've been told, FedEx screwed up the shipment. Paul sent it Thursday. It was picked up by a FedEx truck, and they screwed it up."
      Kid: "Bullsh*t! If it was overnighted, it'd be IN MY HAND right now!"

I whip out FedEx paperwork we use when sending packages and ask kid to point out to me where FedEx guarantees that they never ever screw up ever in life. Kid is fuming at this point.

Kid: "This is all stupid. I'm getting dicked around. I took the liberty of taking that phone to a corporate store in Kansas City before I sent it to Motorola, and THEY said you just gave me my old phone back again, and it was STILL broken! They said the charging bay was broken! That is UN-acceptable!"
      Me: "If we did give you the same phone again, that was not intentional. We send the phones off to Motorola after we get them, and if they can be repaired, Motorola refurbishes them, and sends them back. If they are not, we purchase a different refurb. If it was sent back broken, that's on Motorola, not us. We have no way to check them."
      Kid: "Yeah well, I still have been getting dicked around, and it's not right. Your Boss says he's gonna bring me a loaner phone, and he doesn't. Then you all say you sent one up here, but you didn't. I'm just getting really tired of how you guys don't give a sh*t and how your boss is just dicking me around. Maybe I'll go over to the Sprint side."
      Me: "Sprint store is down the street." *No WAY am I doing the work to migrate him to Sprint, even though I have the phones in office.* Kid talks about that a minute, and then pauses, then asks why we didn't just give him a new phone in the first place? He says that's what he deserves. "Well, since we are not reimbursed for phones at all, if I were to GIVE you a phone I paid $150 for, that'd be an expensive loss to take. Motorola sells us refurbed phones for warranty swaps. We cannot help that that's what they use. That's what they use for swaps like the one you're about to do."
      Kid: "No NO NO they are sending me a NEW one!" He says all smug-like. "They said so. A NEW one."
      Me: "That's not what they've done in the past."
      Kid: "Okay, why would they tell me that if they were going to give me a refurb?"
      Me: "To shut you up." Yes, I said that. I'm SO sick of this kid's attitude; I just want him to LEAVE.
      Kid: After a brief pause, this kid makes the world's biggest mistake ever: "Anyway, if your asshole boss-"

That's all he got out, because I got a tad angry. My boss isn't perfect, but he is NOT an asshole, and he's certainly done WAY more for this kid than he deserved. I was angry. I can't remember if this is verbatim or not, but it's close:

Me: "Okay, we have done MORE for you than ANY OTHER CUSTOMER that I can remember. We DO NOT have to do what we've done for you, and you should realize that. BUT we have done it to be NICE and all we've gotten in return is YOUR ATTITUDE. We DO NOT have a loaner program. My boss was letting you use a phone from his warranty stock TO BE NICE. He DID NOT mean to forget the phone, he left the office thinking it was in his bag when in fact it was not. He FORGOT IT. He's HUMAN. HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES. That doesn't make him an asshole, just because it's bad for you that he forgot. Now, the phone is on it's way, and we'll be more than happy to make sure you get your loaner until Motorola sends you whatever they're sending you. If you have any suggestions about what you'd like to see happen until then, by all means, let's hear 'em. If they're reasonable, we can see about making it happen. Otherwise, if you'd like to have the loaner, come back on MONDAY AFTERNOON. And LEAVE your ATTITUDE at home, or you can continue living without a phone for god knows how long. Now, would you like to make a suggestion and I can call the KC store to see if it's possible?" I smile. He grunts, and leaves.

Well after all that, I phoned boss to warn him. But it was a Saturday, so he didn't answer. I left a short message warning him that Mr. Entitled may phone him today, then emailed him the whole saga for him to read on Monday morning. Then I called Paul, as I was afraid Mr. Entitled might call out there to complain about me and wanted to get the true story to Paul. Turns out they know him well. For as soon as I said his name, Paul said:

"That kid is such a dickhead." Hee. He also said that everything I told him, Paul or Boss has told him many times, on many different occasions. Besides that, neither Paul nor Boss are going to take this hothead's word over mine. I feel better.

On Monday I receive an email from Boss that reads, "I am DONE with him." I phone and ask if we're still allowing him to use the loaner. He says yes, but after that, he's DONE. I do the happy dance of all happy dances. But alas, it is not over.

Monday comes, no phone. Kid throws a fit, demands a tracking number. Paul was off yesterday, and he had the tracking number. When Paul returns this morning, Boss asks about it. Turns out Paul forgot to send the phone on Thursday, and on Friday when Dimwit phoned the store, Paul made up the thing about the phone being at the depot and coming on Monday. Dimwit had blown up on Paul, saying "FUCK THAT then!!! Motorola says I'll have my NEW phone on Monday, just don't fucking worry about it!!!!" So Paul said "Oh, nifty. Save us on shipping. And put phone back in inventory. I do not know this yet, I still think the phone is on its way to me.

Comment

I get to work this morning, and FedEx shows up with my shipment from Yellow Box Company of some inventory I'd ordered. Shortly after I get it entered into the computer, Dimwit calls me. AGAIN. Ugh. He says "Hey I know you got a box from FedEx." I pause, and then say "Uh, good for you?" He grunts angrily and explains "He stopped by my work first with a box, and I asked him if he had anything for you, and he said yes, but wouldn't tell me where it came from. Is it my phone?" I remind him of a conversation we'd had yesterday, wherein I'd explained that for interoffice shipments, we use Fedex Express, while my orders from Yellow Box Company come Fedex Ground. Those are separate trucks. I ask which guy he spoke to. "Oh. Yeah, he was with Fedex Ground." I say okay, yes, that package was mine, but it was an order from YBC. He groans and asks for the Kansas City number AGAIN.

So after a while, the phone rings and it's Paul. He says how one of our people sent an order of mine to his store, and we laugh, because it happens every time. I tell him to just send it with Boss on his weekly trip to my store. Then I ask if Paul has talked to Dimwit. He sighs and says "Well of course!" I ask if that phone is due to my store today or not? Paul says he will call back, it's a long story. We hang up. About ten minutes later he calls back. He tells me about the forgetting to send the box, and how Dimwit told him to "shove it" so he didn't mail it. Then when he came in this morning, Boss asks about tracking number. Dimwit had called this morning, demanding to know where it was. Paul told Boss how Dimwit had told him off, so he didn't mail it. Boss said he claims Motorola told him phone's gonna take a few more days, so Dimwit is demanding it still. Paul groans, sends it, and tells Dimwit the original must've gotten lost, but he is overnighting him a new one today.

SO as of tomorrow, I'll have this idiot a demo to use. BUT if he DOES NOT have a credit or debit card, my boss doesn't want to let him borrow it. I HOPE that Boss TOLD him that, otherwise this is gonna be FUN. But Boss doesn't trust him to return the loaner, and I cannot blame him.

Hell, I may have more to add tomorrow. But one thing is certain, after the loaner, WE ARE DONE with this idiot. THANK GOD!

-----------

11th May

Any who, his loaner is finally here. It's the rock bottom, crappiest, easiest to break, el-cheapo that the company has ever made. He's going to DIE. And I'm going to LOVE it. He'd asked what model he would get and I said I didn't know, it would depend on what they had, they'd just probably send whatever they grabbed first that would work with his SIM card. Oh I love Paul. He so did this on purpose to piss this kid off. I cannot WAIT.

Yesterday he was all pissy it hadn't gotten here yet, and went "YOU people...." at me. I said, "Us people what?" with a smile. He went "Oh F*ck..." and I didn't hear the rest because he'd turned around to stomp off to his ugly car with horrid music blaring so loud I couldn’t hear him. That's okay; I smiled, and showed my very favorite finger. Too bad he didn't see.

----------------

13th May

Well he never did show up for the phone. Motorola must have mailed his back.

However, he's a part of a two-sided company. He's on the one side, and wanted to hop over to the other side. Someone had told him they just let you "trade in" your current phone, which is false. The way it works is, if you qualify for upgrade on one side, that qualifies you for the discounts available on the other side. With that in mind, some random guy phoned the other day, and he wanted to know about switching.

"Yeah, my friend here said I just needed to trade in my phone...?"

I explained how the migrations worked, and he said "Ooooh that makes more sense. Sometimes my friend gets hotheaded." And in the background, I hear my favorite Dimwit going "What? What did she say?" Heh.

So he phones today asking if he can exchange a case he bought for his current phone for on with this other phone. He says he's migrating over to the other side. I say as long as the case he has was bought from one of our stores, then yes. Just bring the receipt. He says okay.

About an hour later, he phones asking about the migration policy. I tell him that since he JUST signed on three months ago, he could migrate, but wouldn't qualify for any discounts on the phone.

"So there's NOTHING you can do for me?"
        "As far as discounts, no."
        "So I can't switch?"
        "Yes you can, the phones are just full-price."

There's a pause, and I start to ask if there's anything else I can help him with, when he "SLAM!" hangs up the phone. Like usual.

I assume this is the end. But this Dimwit is like a cockroach infestation. Just when you think you have it beat, you see a bug on the bathroom floor.

ETA: Okay, seriously. WHEN WILL IT END? He calls back sometime later. Here's the convo:

Dimwit: "Okay, I called customer care. They put a note on my account that says I can get the full discount to switch over to the other side of the company."
        Me: *pulls up account* "Yeah that looks like that's all they did. I'm still showing that all I can offer you is full price. They didn't actually change the system. It's still set up as all I can do is offer you full-price. You'll have to go through a corporate store or the 800 number to get that discount they promised you."
        Dimwit: "But they SAID I could go to any store and do it."
        Me: "They probably meant any CORPORATE store."
        Dimwit: "Look it up again..."
        Me: "Can I ask you an honest question?"
        Dimwit: *is shocked into momentary silence* "Oookay..."
        Me: "Why are you hung up on coming to MY store? You've already been told we're doing no more favours for you. And I'm leery of selling you anything anyway, because you find fault in EVERYTHING. Why not go to a corporate store, where they have more pull?"
        Dimwit: "I got my original phone from you. You have to help me out here."
        Me: "Help you how? I'll get you set up, if I can. But as far as favours, or any credits or discounts that you are not eligible for, you WILL NOT get through me."
        Dimwit: "Oh."
        Me: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
        Dimwit: "No." And he hangs up dejectedly.

GO AWAY!!! PLEASE!!! GIVE ME PEACE!!!!

------------------

19th May

Well, talked to Boss today. Apparently, Dimwit phoned him wanting a deal on a phone on the other side of the company. Boss told him no, and told him to go to a corporate store if he wanted to switch that badly, we weren't doing it.

Best part? Dimwit told Boss that the phone he'd gotten back from Motorola was the SAME PHONE he'd sent in. Motorola said they looked over the phone, but found nothing wrong with it. So my suspicions were correct - there's NOTHING wrong with his phone, he just doesn't take care of it.

------------------

This is why I keep calling him "kid:"

*He is 24-years-old, and still lives with his mother, whom he treats like garbage.
        *His mother pays his bills, AND his child support.
        *If he doesn't get his way, he goes right to cursing, whining, and stomping his feet, much like a foul-mouthed child.
        *His mother still has to tell him to apologize and be polite to people.

Comment

Working...
        X